I think I drive the DX-7 of automobiles

I have a DX-7, Juno-60 and SH-1 from a hairdresser… my wife. She drove a car not that dissimilar to the ones you mentioned too. Weird.

It’s a cliché for a reason.

When I had my MX-5, I had an overwhelming urge to sneak up on people from behind with a mirror and ask them what they thought.

7 Likes

This was amazing.

I drive a X3m40i. I think it’s a prophet. The sweetspot is big and you can go from 0-amazing way faster than imaginable. Unfortunately it’s pricy AF and large.

image|666x500

3 Likes

I drive the Korg SQ 1 Step sequencer

Unsexy and totally reliable. A bit of a modern classic?

7 Likes

First thing coming to mind with the SQ1 was this:

Still, nothing wrong with unsexy & reliable - I prefer having those sorts of drivers around me (unless they’re a relatively inexperienced driver trying to make it go fast regardless).

3 Likes

…all my essential hardware is swedish…

i drive nords, elektrons and an old volvo…no need for any substitutes at all…

1 Like

What synth would a silver Skoda Yeti be?

2 Likes

I love me a good Volvo, currently rocking a 20yo V70 D5 in champagne silver and beige leather interior.

I honestly don’t know why everyone doesn’t have one.

3 Likes

Probably driving a BCR 2000 here.
At least age and (un)sexyness of the design do match! Both chunky but still getting the job done.

5 Likes

Someone left a note on my car saying they want to buy it.

A few days before that, I was in my car waiting for the stoplight when someone in another car yelled “Hey, I wanna buy your car!”

My car is a 1997 Honda Civic. :thinking:

I asked around and apparently buying 1997 Civics to mod up for street racing is a thing. I used to have The Club when I lived in California in more working class neighborhoods. We understood The Club won’t stop a truly determined car thief, but the extra work it would force the thief to do was an effective deterrent.

I’m thinking I should get another The Club.

6 Likes

Answer is actually quite obvious:

Yeah '97 civics are hot.

Previously I had a S2000 but I got rid of it after it was broken into twice. My MX-5 has the power hard top so the slashed rag top is no longer an issue.

1 Like

I used to drive one of those too! Your car made me nostalgia for it. I didn’t want to tell you for fear you would think I was a weirdo. :smiley:

Edit: sorry, i should clarify, this is when I met @GovernorSilver in person :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dearly miss my Infiniti G20, the Roland D-20 of cars.

2 Likes

Touch Sensitive!

I just pulled my MX-5 out and I’m going to load up my DX-7 and go for a drive soon. Pics to follow.

Actual DX7

2 Likes

I drive (but don’t own) an Audi A4. Reckon the voyager is about right…?

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure yours has the Audi projection lights on the doors, yeah? The word Voyager is backlit on the synth so that all checks out.

Put a kill switch in your car. Cheap, easy, you can hide it. No one will take your car unless they wanna push it the whole way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First car was a Y reg Metro. That car saw two years of hard work and abuse. Almost never let me down either.

It was a Vanden Plas tho, velour seats, walnut capping sand the MG Metro engine. Used to eat gearboxes like all good FWD A series with the gearbox in the sump. Synchro on 2nd and 3rd used to fail. Double de clutching was the only way to look like you actually knew how to change gear! Got my heel and toe and left foot breaking down tho!

2 Likes