I think I drive the DX-7 of automobiles

Great minds think alike!

2 Likes

My first car when I was a teenager was free because it was trashed from having been in 6 or 7 wrecks and barely clinging to life. A ‘73 Dodge Polara wagon. Only one of the five doors opened (the rest were smashed in), the alternator was dead so I had jumper cables going through the dash to marine batteries in the passenger seat as backup juice that I’d hot swap while driving, had to pour gas in the carburetor to start it, brakes were fucked so you had to use the parking break if you wanted to fully stop, the list goes on…
I think it was the drunkenly circuit bent toy of cars.

1 Like

If sum of bikes plus music gear is greater than car value, I am living on the right side of life.

3 Likes

Hyundai Veloster. Cool but a little weird. Many find it a bit tacky looking. Cheaper newer version of the real thing.

4 Likes

Got in a Mercedes Taxi in Gambia once.

It had 650,000 miles on the clock.

Quality motor.

3 Likes

I drive the Waldorf Microwave XTk.

Otherwise known as a Porsche Carrera 996. Pic is from when I bought it a couple of years ago.

9 Likes

This astonishes most North Americans as well :wink:

11 Likes

Achievable if one of the bikes happens to be a Pinarello Dyodo

Actually, i’m sure even a regular aluminum road bike these days is worth more than my car. Except perhaps to those mystery people who want to buy the car.

3 Likes

It baffles me. I drive a pickup every day for work but if I didn’t have to there’s no way I’d own one. They’re a constant headache compared to a car (I really just miss my bike being my only vehicle).
And the whole “vanity truck” phenomenon has made the market weird too. When I bought my current work truck it was hard to find one with a full size bed! Couldn’t find one at all without a back seat! Really made me miss my old one but I don’t miss getting eight miles to the gallon or fixing it every weekend. American trucks are becoming SUVs.

1 Like

I can relate to this. I worked as a bike messenger for a number of years and lived in a downtown for 18. It was walking and cycling everywhere. I moved to a new city 7 years ago and it’s far less friendly to cyclists. Not an excuse but it’s certainly a detractor. I need my vehicle for work. It affords us some freedoms as well that we wouldn’t have if only had our bikes.

That being said, I should really get out on my bike again <3

2 Likes

sum of bikes and music gear definitely is greater than the value of our car. embrace the midlife crisis.

3 Likes

I don’t know if my old El Camino can be compared to any synth. Maybe a Polymoog - in that it’s big, loud, doesn’t really know what it wants to be, and you’ll often see smoke billowing from it.

8 Likes

It sounds like you drive my Crumar Performer.

2 Likes

That might very well be it. Does it suffer from a preponderance of flats?

1 Like

Yeah, and it needs a tune badly. Every once in awhile it’ll fart and backfire too.

2 Likes

Not sure what synth I drive. But it sounds amazing! :laughing: ‘17 Mini Clubman S All4.

2 Likes

Mini Brute?

3 Likes

That funny. I was thinking a Novation something since they’re British too. (Ok, technically a BMW with a British accent)

2 Likes

Or maybe on of these:image

2 Likes

TBH they’re often hauling quite a lot of fat around.

2 Likes