HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

if this were a monomachine posting this would quickly turn into “everyone lol at my new bank account balance.”

3 Likes

I hope I have some gear karma coming my way…

edit: and now, this is gone. presumably to a man who cares not for feet.

before you make a power play this is missing the rubber feet. but it’s not missing the digitakt so… you know. your move.

3 Likes

The rubber feet is what gives it the magic.

5 Likes

well they are flavored

1 Like

SP-404 MKII is 508US on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Roland-SP-404MKII-Creative-Polyphony-SP-404MK2/dp/B09J1TMSYV/?encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=izKbZ&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc5f3394-3b4c-4031-8ac0-18107ac75816&pf_rd_p=bc5f3394-3b4c-4031-8ac0-18107ac75816&pf_rd_r=E7MPY7ETWSRDT3ZHM108&pd_rd_wg=ea3Fv&pd_rd_r=a7dfa816-bc55-49fe-99a3-fd130caf201f&ref=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

Only if you trust weird random sellers:

1 Like

doesn’t amazon have to put up or pay up if it’s a scam?

I dunno, maybe just my area has this seller linked but seems legit - ish

this might be some kind of official burning down the house pricing like how korg is trying to forget they ever made the sq64 which is a fucking fantastic deal right now if you don’t mind buggy ui’s

Amazon needs to clean up how they show 3rd party (sellers) while showing the official Roland store. I thought I would have been busing from the Roland store. Yes Amazon will give you your money had, but there will be back and forth on this item if there is a risk.

I thought about deleting this link but this is a good reminder to watch out for offers that are tok good to be true

4 Likes

I thought it was a great creative move on your part, I might have left it alone :grinning:

1 Like

The all caps warranty warning is weird - all the cheap sellers seem to be based in Japan.

I found this link on Roland’s site, a list of “Do Not Buy” vendors, which includes every one of the ones on Amazon. A little risky once you’re outside of Amazon’s return window since you definitely won’t have a warranty.

2 Likes

I see no problem with keeping your post up - if you do take it down then please DM me and I’ll delete mine to reduce confusion.

Amazon’s return process is very good, so buying from weird vendors is mostly inconvenience. But $508 may be the difference between making rent and not. My main concern with Amazon for music gear is that the third party vendors may not be authorized vendors, and thus you may not get warranty service when you need it.

Also, although Amazon is huge, it picks and chooses what product lines it actively manages. So I prefer to buy from a local retailer like Detroit where I can speak with a human that knows what’s going on and will solve my problem on the spot (been there, done that, VERY pleased with Detroit). If I can’t find a good local retailer, then Sweetwater or Thomann will do. Amazon is a last resort for me, except for cables and general purpose stuff like tape, printers, binding machines, etc.

Finally, there are plenty of legit third party vendors, but I usually just buy direct from their e-commerce site rather than going through Amazon. Unless shipping is expensive that way or I have a lot of gift cards loaded in my Amazon account.

3 Likes

well I would say 2 things, one : trust them when they tell you in big letters it’s not valid , and two: I think the product is new but it’s cheaper in japan, I just logged into my amazon.jp account and the price is significantly lower. the shipping brings it about even with this pricing but if they are doing some kind of business where they have sent them to amazon in bulk, they’re likely making enough per unit to sustain the sales - thus, I don’t think it’s shady, just don’t expect a warranty. I’m currently looking for gk_store on amazon japan to see if they have feedback.

1 Like

I did not find gk store, but this seller is even cheaper and they ship to the US

$484.32 with shipping - you could literally buy this and it would be like buying the one on amazon US site without paying tax, just take a bit longer to reach you.

I assume that it’s the same deal with warranty however, you’re probably scrooged on that one way or the other.

meanwhile look at the prices on digitakt - ouch! and for the record it specifies if the seller ships to the US, the ones in red are no, the ones that give an international rate are yes :slight_smile:

It’s the grey market fine print that they don’t tell you about. It all depends on your appetite for risk. I buy grey market watches but know of good watch repair people so I’m not worried about the warranty. Buying from a seller you don’t know has its own risk because you don’t know if it’s been used before. At least if you’re in holiday in Japan and you buy from their music stores you can test it out in front of them to make sure it all works. If it’s broken they can give you a replacement or your money back. Ordering from Amazon you’ll probably have the headache of going through multiple support calls for the refund.

3 Likes

it’s true to a degree but buying from amazon domestically, returns are pretty straightforward. buying from amazon japan would be a different play of the cards I’m assuming.

anyways, I don’t know that I would distrust the japanese labor force any more than I would the US labor force, it’s just the shipping and handling that poses a risk. and the prospect of returning something internationally, it’s not the same site as amazon in the US so you’re dealing with something not quite grey market but certainly with less certainty than buying domestically even if the product was already shipped from japan to Amazon’s US warehouse.

I’m not in the market for one of these either way so it doesn’t really have any impact on my decision making one way or the other lol.

1 Like

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13387

Also iRig interfaces are on sale, some of them come with loads of software.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=14030

4 Likes

US: Perfect Circuit St Patrick’s Day sale started today :roll_eyes:

10% off “select items” - in practice, PC’s exclusion list is absolutely brutal - the excluded vendor list includes e.g. Arturia, Elektron, Novation, Roland, Sequential, and TE - but it’s still worth throwing something you’ve got your eye on in the cart and applying the coupon. I’m hovering hard over the buy button for a 1010 Blackbox right now.

EDIT: spelling

1 Like

The exclusion list has basically meant that almost anything I’ve ever wanted to buy has been ineligible for the discount.

2 Likes

Yeah, most of the time I’m not in the market for anything that’s eligible for their sales, during their sales. It’s annoying that they beat you over the head with the sale banner.