HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

it’s not precisely a bait and switch but . . . it’s not not that

Wasn’t too long ago (a year or two) where there was no exclusion list.

I will add that detroit modular is also having a 10% off sale with no such list.

4 Likes

Just got my Buchla Easel and program manager card with that code. I can’t wait to weasel into my Easel. Work gave me a couple gift cards burning a hole in my wallet.

6 Likes

Just stumbled upon this used Minilogue XD for $279 at Guitar Center — seems to be mis-marked as a Monologue (they have a habit of doing such things). Hope somebody gets to take advantage!

5 Likes

New EP title?

6 Likes

I checked and did not see a minilogue as part of that location’s used inventory so I don’t see this being a case of picture switch during listing (as has been known to happen - order the picture, get the listed item.) This seems to be a genuine opportunity and a really low price for someone to get a pretty nice piece of korgabilia.

also:

this.

3 Likes

Good call to double check and make sure it’s actually a mis-labeled item rather than a mis-picture situation, I hadn’t thought of that possibility.

I’m used to trawling Guitar Centers in-person searching for magical deals, and have gotten lucky at this particular location more than once. Got a really nice and totally under-priced MPC 1000 there back in the day.

1 Like

Well shoot, couldn’t help it (in reality, yes I could), just scooped this up.

I will report back if it was mislabeled or not. If so, You Gottas owes you one!

it’s also still listed after I purchased, entirely possible someone else was there before me.

3 Likes

Let me know what you think of it. It is up there on my list of synths to try, but it has never been able to make it to the top and have me actually buy it.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the dynamics are in the synth world - but I work for a small chain of shoestores and when we buy from Nike/Adidas/Puma/Vans/etc we get a binder for the quarter (about 3 inches thick) that lists all SKUs and tells us what MSRP is (which is where we sell most of the time), what price we’re allowed to discount to, what price we’re allowed to advertise (ever see that “see price in cart” trick on a website? they were allowed to show a lower price in the cart than they were allowed to advertise at, and there’s another price that they are allowed to discount to), and can even include what venues we’re allowed to sell at (IE, web only, no Amazon, in-store only, etc). And all of this is determined on a calendar basis, so even major holiday sales are accounted for.

Neglecting these guidelines means those major brands will no longer sell to you at wholesale. I can tell you from experience you don’t want to run a shoestore where you can’t get a major portion of your product at wholesale for any length of time, so you follow the pricing guidelines.

I doubt any synth manufacturer can be as draconian as some of these multinationals, but it could be that Perfect Circuit is at a large enough size that they can’t get away with skirting those pricing guides anymore either. I’m sure at least Korg/Roland/Yamaha have stuff like this.

3 Likes

It’s tax season in the US and they want you to spend your money. This is one of the few times in a year that audio gear manufacturers put things on sale that they normally do. Some stores don’t allow you to use the coupon for the online purchase but when you call a shop up they might be able to do « phone special deal « . It doesn’t hurt to call your favorite gear store for a « deal « . I called a drum store two years ago and they gave me my e drum set, double kick pedals, snare stand, hi hat stand for a really good deal when I bundled with my TD50K2 set. If I put it on the cart without calling the store the package would have been a lot more .

Korg ARP2600M on sale for 1699US

5 Likes

1049 for refurb from Korg UK

4 Likes

super nice “or best offer” deal with cheap shipping on a digitone in really nice condition just popped up on reverb. $520+25 obo

guy says he’s saving up for a Les Paul, I believe him!

edit: and now it is gone, but here is a $550+12 OBO digitone in it’s place -

1 Like

I just bought one off their Reverb page for $119 (after the $10 off Reverb coupon that’s everywhere). Hopefully it’s not too incredibly buggy. I thought I did my research and most of the bugs I read about were people doing more advanced sequencing. I’m a simpleton and just want it to reproduce the notes I put into it.

that sq64 that’s been on sale? yeah it’s a great deal but every video I watched made it look so complicated I couldn’t get into it. I think it will do what you want if you’re patient. you have to enter every note manually, basically. And I don’t know if you intend to use it for midi or for cv, but it does not come with midi to trs adapters so you’ll have to buy those separately. otherwise I’m sure it will be great, the form factor is really nice looking. Good polyphony. Advanced sequencing, 64 steps. There was one video where a guy verified his timing drifted or something and then was able to exchange it for another one so I’m sure since you got it from korg the warranty applies.

Yeah the SQ-64. I plan to use it for both CV and Midi but I have one of Korg’s adapters lying around already. Honestly I just want it so I can sequence my Malevolent paraphonically. If that works out I’ll be happy (and I saw someone doing exactly that in a video so I assume I will be successful as well).

I’m sure it can do at least that much, the polyphony is more than sufficient and I think it has individual gate outs if you have some drum modules. If you’re patient enough to enter every step manually I’m sure i will do exactly what you need.

Clearly a downgrade from 8 voice polyphony to only 6 in the Les Paul.

13 Likes

Maybe they’re saving for the 12 string?

4 Likes