How To: Remove Samples from Project?

How do I remove/replace samples in a project?

I have filled all my slots and don’t like/need/want to use some samples and want to use others from my +Drive.

How do I do this?

Hi

Go to Settings
Select a Sample you wish to replace (it will have a number next to it 1-127)
Press Yes to select.
Then use one of the side arrow keys to get to the options menu
Select Replace

That should do it. I am not in front of my Digitakt ATM…But I think that is right.
Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks very much. Will try it!

But I guess there’s no way to remove say 20 or 30 samples that you decided not to use… All in one command?

1 Like

Say yes to each sample and it will put a check mark for each one once done hit the right arrow key and hit delete. This will delete all of them at the same time.

5 Likes

here’s the answer :grinning:

3 Likes

Please, How can i delete sample from Project on DT?

I have create a my new samples in directory Recorded; Then i have used some of this samples in the New Project, but now i want to delete some of this samples from this Project , Not from the directory RECORDED! How do i do this?

Is there a way to know which samples are being used in the current project? Sometimes I hit the 127 limit then want to go back and take out some I wasn’t using - but often they have similar names, which leads to confusion - i don’t want to remove a sample that I forgot is being used in Pattern 5.

1 Like

The best thing to do is work the other way around. Only load samples you are going to use.
Maybe it’s a workflow thing, but I just load samples when I need them.

That would be a good suggestion for the feature request thread (if it’s not already a feature. I don’t believe it is).

Oh, and you may find this post helpful: Tip: Replace sample in the sample pool fast

It reveals a workflow that makes it a lot easier to import samples as you go rather than having to bring in a bulk of samples at once.

Analog Rytm has a feature showing the samples in the sample pool that are not used in the project.

This is very useful but it’s not 100% reliable if I remember correctly. Doesn’t show if a sample slot is used in a p-lock somewhere or if it might get used by an lfo set to affect sample slot selection. If you ask me it’s good enough and I would love if this gets added to Digitakt as well.

Hi, so I’ve deleted some recordings from the plus drive but they are still showing in the sample list of my project. How do I get rid of them? Thanks

in the sample menu press left. select view ram. the project samples with show. select the ones you want to delete by pressing the right arrow and selecting the unload option.

not in front of my machine so it may not say unload exact but thats the general steps.

11 Likes

Great thanks, got it!

2 Likes