How to unload samples [was: Here's another obstacle]

I just empty reset my Digitakt (Function+trig 2) and the digi drum kit is still in my samples, and always programmed to their corresponding triggers (BD in trig 1, SD in trig 2, etc.). I can’t get rid of it! I deleted tracks, patterns, projects, reloaded, and all sorts of things, but can’t remove the samples from the sample bank in my ram. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

See page 54 of the current user guide. You will find instructions to remove or replace the project’s samples. I need to look at this more… but I believe this action applies project wide (e.g. all patterns within a project).

I looked at page 54 and followed its directions. I got nowhere. It appears that there is an upload screen when I “check” a sample and click right. The right menu says upload here, but the digi drums are write protected, so nothing.

Are you attempting to clear samples from a new project? I believe the project that shipped with the unit is write-protected…

I guess he’s referring to that “problem” I have too : creating a new empty project has the Digital Base sample set already loaded assigned … I wouldn’t expect this for new project

Yeah, it’s happening with New Project too. Nothing seems to want to remove the digi drums from the sample bank.

Hmm, yes I noticed this as well. It’s not a big deal, but over time it will get annoying. I think that most of us would prefer to start with a blank slate (or at least have that as an option).

Ahhh. This is getting annoying! I just want it to go away.

I got it. I finally found the upload option. That took forever. It was just another false alarm of me not understanding the Elektron organization method. Thanks for everyone’s help. I hope that’s the last of my worries.

2 Likes

For completeness (those looking the solution to the problem you described) - could you elaborate how the “upload” option solved the problem (I confess your last comment left me perplexed…).

you can use this to your advantage tbh.
In a new project, unload the 8 default samples (go to settings, samples, left arrow, view ram, right arrow, select all, unload). This takes a few seconds.
then, load your fav+ 8 samples into the first 8 ram slots - now each empty pattern will start with those 8 samples.

9 Likes

I like this!

This deserves posting into the unofficial wiki-guide…

Thanks, Void…

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I found.

best is, at least for me: do the work described above by void one time,
then safe it as your DEF project.
also set other settings to your liking, for example envelope Attacks to other than zero.
( not shure if the DT would click with attack at zero. OT did)

then allways load your DEF project instead of a new one,
immediately safe it with: “safe as” , give it its new Name.

another tipp: i never would load the first default samples into slots 1-8.
i keep slot 1-8 allways free for a later stage in the work when i exactly know which samples will become the daddy ones of a track :wink:

well, the DT with its “loading samples into RAM” behave is working here against me/the user.
shitty thing.
but we can work around this, just load some shit into the first slots, replace later,
i place my “placeholder samples for the tracks” to sampleslot 11-18

1 Like

Thanks, so easy. post it! :man_cook:

We definitely need the option to start from scratch. With zero samples in memory.

:interrobang:

1 Like