Tip: Replace sample in the sample pool fast

The Digitakt defaults to jumping to the +Drive folders if you select an empty sample slot on the SCR page and press the [YES] button.

But you might not know this:

How to replace a sample in the sample pool with a new one from the +Drive fast

1. Select the audio track.

2. Press FUNC + SRC (Assign) and the SRC page will open and show the sample slot list.

3. Select the sample slot with the sample you want to replace. Don’t exit the sample slot list and don’t wait to long if you’re doing a new slot number selection because the list closes by itself automatically after 5 seconds.

4. Press FUNC + YES and you’ll jump into the +Drive folders.

5. Navigate to the sample you want to use, Press YES to load the sample.

36 Likes

Excellent tip!

1 Like

This should be in the Digitakt manual. To first select the audio track and then dive into the +Drive feels less backwards and helps keeping the sample pool organized.

Now if only there was some shortcut to jump directly to the +Drive root when navigating folders… Think I saw that feature request on that massive thread somewhere.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome tip.
Wish everyone would put their tip in the unofficial guide thread though. :slight_smile: could be the best overall source for all tricks.

1 Like

Oh… I thought that thread was locked by a moderator… My bad.

1 Like

Definitely remember seeing this on YouTube somewhere. Maybe the Stimming video? Works a treat for ‘auditioning’ samples!

1 Like

I’ve contacted eangman saying they should consider putting this into the Digitakt manual.

1 Like

Sorry about the confusion, I’ve updated the original post now.

thank you Lars. added to my tip sheet!

@L4rs3rik Thanks for the tip; I saw this post just when my soundpool was filled up. I’m new to Elektron equipment and this forum. And you’re right, this should be in the manual.