How old are you and where are you from?

35, from New Delhi, India.

Opened for Mathew Jonson around 6 years ago for a party which was happening inside a -30C cold storage, saw him with the machines and decided to get an octatrack, been hooked since then.

3 Likes

Not to mention Kjell Nordboe (RIP) - greatest C64 musician of all time, by many accounts.[/quote]

Ooh, there is a new ā€˜Elektron Talkā€™ with Jesper Kyd! Elektron sure knows how to talk with the kind of musicians I like. :slight_smile:

43, Amsterdam and all that, started in the magic '86 with my 101 and a dr110, and still around, stopped using my headphones as a mic thoughā€¦

<3 Huerco S, fellow Elektronite Actress, Mix Mup, all those Acido/Sextags/Wania craziness, Autechre still as much as then and so much moreā€¦

Own all but MD, and some other bits

2 Likes

33 - Hungary

Right now owning an A4 only

2 Likes

To be honest ā€¦ iā€™m surprised ā€¦ i thought there are mainly superyoung geeks

To be honest ā€¦ iā€™m surprised ā€¦ i thought there are mainly superyoung geeks[/quote]
Iā€™m recently 20. I think I take the cake for youngestā€¦

1 Like

40, from Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Around 1985 I started remixing songs by Prince and Janet Jackson on my dadā€™s Akai tape recorder. Using the pause/start buttons a lot, as well as scissors and tape.
My first real synth was the Casio sk-1, which gave me hours and hours of experimentation.
But then DJ-ing took over, I started collecting early 90ā€™s house and techno music on vinyl.
Then I got into Orbital, Black Dog, Aphex Twin, Sabres of Paradise, the Orb, Autechre, Proem and all those ā€˜intelligentā€™ electronic acts. :wink:

3 Likes

42, Paris, France

Music I love:
Autechre
Luke Vibert
Miles Davis
Herbie Hancock
Aphex Twin
Aleksi Perala
Grizzly Bear
Squarepusher
Voivod
Mike Patton
Juan Atkins
ā€¦

My first Elektron machine was the Sidstation, I didnā€™t keep it.
Now I have the MNM, the MD and a A4.

2 Likes

32 from Sweden. Dnā€™B and minimal techno gets me moving.

1 Like

46 from London

Love Dntel , Autechre , Telefon tel aviv , and most stuff on Raster-Noton (Germany) & Progressive Form (Japan)

1 Like

To be honest ā€¦ iā€™m surprised ā€¦ i thought there are mainly superyoung geeks[/quote]
Iā€™m recently 20. I think I take the cake for youngestā€¦[/quote]

ā€œNO CAKE FOR YOU!ā€ (in a cake nazi, seinfeld soup nazi ripoff voice) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

actually we need more younger voices here , might not have all the skills or experience yet
but will have the energy and ideas.

yes here they need hard drugs and alcohol and smoking a lot of prerolled cigarettes, they spend hundreds of euros per month in things like this and says im crazy to buy these expensive machinesā€¦ really can t understand this thinking!

Hi all 34 from Queretaro Mexico only two from latin america :dizzy_face: maybe more in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

26 in Brooklyn, NY.

Got into samplers and such via hip-hop (Madlib, J Dilla, etc.) then started to get more electronic via the Field, Gas, Aphex Twin, Basic Channel, Boards of Canada. More recently been digging footwork (RP Boo, DJ Rashad, Jlin).

1 Like

41(wife says 40+) Berlin based since 8 years, but from Copenhagen. Into all kinds of music and sounds

1 Like

31, manchester, uk

i like moody, droney, post rocky things

esmerine, summons of shining ruins, bersarin quartett, jacaszek, from the mouth of the sun, a silver mt zion

1 Like

27 living in Toronto

too many influences to list, but anything from Ed Banger Records, DNTEL, John Tejada, Genius of Time I really enjoy. In terms of hip-hop/rap producers: Alchemist, Necro, early Neptunes stuff, DJ Muggs, Pete Rock, and DJ Premier beats have always been inspiring.

The OP-1 was my main introduction into synthesis/sampling and havenā€™t looked back since. It was a great primer for my modular/elektron workflow and now Iā€™m just trying to improve my live playing and improvisational skills with my current setup. Always exploring different BPMs/genres/styles but I have a lot of fun making techno.

1 Like

nice to see ā€¦ i spent a part of my youth in vienna ā€¦ most of the time in the old Gasometer and after that in the Arena[/quote]
hawidere!

LOL ! u r funny !!!

Iā€™m 35 and live in Vancouver, Canada.
For the past few years Iā€™ve been a sole proprietor at a studio, recording acts like Gold + Youth, Mother Mother, Hey Ocean! to name a few, and occasionally did compositions for indie films/docs.
I studied piano as a kid, took up guitar during college, and did a (post-) post-secondary diploma in sound engineering where I was introduced to synthesizers! We hooked up a couple Doepfer modules to an oscilloscope and my mind was blown.
I used to listen to a lot of punk and metal and ā€œaltā€ (Dead Kennedys, 3 Inches of Blood, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, Daft Punk, WU LYF, Tame Impala, Black Angels) - but these days guitar rock doesnā€™t cut it for me. I was really impressed when I started hearing guys like Blawan, xxxy, Burial, Four Tet, Rustie, Dan Deacon, DJ Rashadā€¦ And after years of trying to make a living at the studio, Iā€™ve folded up shop and am currently making music as an artist using my Elektron gear and a recently-built modular system. And Iā€™ve never been more excited!

A bit of a long response, but my ankle is broken right now and I canā€™t do too much :zonked:

3 Likes