How old are you and where are you from?

33 San Francisco, CA USA.

Been sampling records and messing with gear since I was 23.

2 Likes

26, based in Berlin and actually iĀ“m searching for a mate to make some electronic music (deep-house, tech-house , techno or something else).

1 Like

33, based in South Thuringa in Germany. Just recently moved to North Bavaria 17 km away from my home :slight_smile: Its already another federal state on the other side of the old frontier that separated western and eastern germany back in the ā€œdarkā€ age :wink:

@marcusmono: Im looking for such a mate too - for ages already. I live in a very rural region though - its hard to find anyone here that makes some electronic music. Most of the people here are into Rock and such stuff :-/ Guess in Berlin you should easily find one, dont you?!

1 Like

One ought to thinkā€¦ Of course there are many people which making music but those people wants to get to know , you know ā€¦ :wink:

pm ed

:+1: :joy: Well am I Old enough ? Iā€™m 48 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: - No blonde ( nothing at all ) - no porche and - But Iā€™ve got 2 Elektrons and Iā€™m Happy - :wink:

And You are right ! HAHAā€¦

1 Like

37, The Hague, Netherlands
Looking for someone to make music with
Techno

no problem with travelling

2 Likes

come visit me in Berlin!

31 years old. West Palm Beach, Florida, USA (about an hour north of Miami).

What I really want to do is combine electronic music with guitar playing. What I generally do instead is make kind of goofy, upbeat, spacey electronic stuff. Like uptempo ambient psy? And play guitar on the side.

I donā€™t know. I want to hold a guitar and play a Rytm at the same time.

Iā€™ve had most of the Elektron boxes, sold a lot of gear a while ago, and just got a A4 very recently. Very impressed with it.

1 Like

My earlier response in this thread was somewhat snarky (albeit true), but since it might be good to connect with people in real life, Iā€™m 33 and live in the urban sprawl of Phoenix, Arizona. Into idm, ambient, experimental and avant-garde music, jazz, hip-hop, industrialā€¦too much to name. Feels like a musical desert here, besides being an actual desert. Would love to collab or even just smoke a bowl with some like minds.

1 Like

Gestalt: Started playing instruments at 10, started producing at 18, began creating personal software for music at 25. Have been peaking ever since.
Influences: I buy a lot of music so . . .
Of all time: Autechre, Photek and Source Direct from '94 to '97, Aphex Twin (SAW II only), Akira Yamaoka, My Bloody Valentine, Brian Eno, Erik Satie, Angelo Badalamenti, other stuff.
Bought recently: ACI_Edits, Skee Mask, Perfume Advert, Sharp Veins, The Fear Ratio, Wen, Rabit, XIII, Iglew, Micachu, Sagat, Divided, Acre, Bellows, Jlin, Mumdance & Logos, this will just go on forever if I donā€™t stop here.

3 Likes

I highly recommend getting the G2M by Sonuus; it will let you play your synths with a guitar, in a limited capacity; single notes, no chordsā€¦

Very cool, thanks for the tip on the G2M!

Nice to see where many of you are coming from and what better way to get some perspective than by sharing some of the music that inspires usā€¦
Iā€™m 25 from Rhode Island by way of tucson, az. most of my favorite artists of late now fall in the underground house/techno and ambient realm. Hereā€™s some of them in no particular order and with some of my all time favorites thrown in:
Eno/ fripp/ budd , Tim hecker, terekke, huerco s, mood hut dudes, panda bear, acido / sued records, perfume advert, florian kupfer, Vincent floyd, ron trent, classic man, Omar s., laurel halo, traumprinz, dj screw, GAS, burial, d. Tiffany, dā€™Angelo, sun kil moon, patsy cline, Billie holiday., dj sprinkles, teklife crew, sotofett, efdemin, grouper, fka twigs, Fever Ray, logos, madteo, the Manuel gottchisng record ā€œinventions for guitarā€, can / neu!. a real sucker for deep murky textures, dubby drums and pads, all that. Been getting into some echospace, deepchord, mosaic/blue train stuff that really hits the spot.

Any what.cd folks on here?

Edit: thought maybe I should mention Iā€™m an octatrack (w/ blofeld, alpha Juno, and mfb 522) user who hopes to add an a4 this week! Cheers

1 Like

hey thereā€¦ if you get the A4 and manage ā€œdeep murky texturesā€ drop me a line, or share a little tutorialā€¦ the traumprinz you mentioned is pretty murky ā€¦ (so is architecture imho)

The 39 in Portland, Oregon. Raised on Panorama, Quest, La Luna, Satyricon, Ozone, Up Front FX, 360 Vinyl, B-Complex, Ascensionā€¦ ā€¦all gone. Now I just lurk around Control Voltage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

34 from Belgium

love songwriters like Smog & Palace, guitar noise like Sonic Youth, Jessamine or Spacemen 3 and electronic stuff like Autechre & Boards of Canadaā€¦ and my Elektron boxes

1 Like

31 living in Austin, TX with his wife, son, and soon-to-be daughter.

I got into electronic music making using Reason and then Live in my early 20sā€¦around 2007 I bought a monomachine and slowly inched my way towards more gear. Now all I do is press record and do everything OTB.

P.S. Would love to hear from people who nearby to get together to make tunes / talk shop.

1 Like

hehe i think sampling into the ot is the best way to go about this. i think a lot of the sound iā€™m after comes in processing, rather than synthesis. but tbh donā€™t really know anything about either. just sorta feeling my way through the dark with this stuff.

iā€™m excited for the a4 for a lot of reasons but more than anything for its purported (mostly from what iā€™ve read on here) deep versatility- esp working with the ot- of course pending the patience to get there. dakitan monkeyā€™s work with his ot and a4 has been inspirational in my decision to pair up mine and approach making stuff just with those two for a bit.

something like this from this side of traumprinz seems like itā€™d be right in the a4ā€™s wheel house:

but maybe not this you think?

all right jelly, thanks! ā€¦ traumprinz really interesting ā€¦ cheers