How old are you and where are you from?

13 posts were split to a new topic: Retrospective perspectives (spinoff topic)

36, Berlin. Currently inspired by Downtempo EDM artists, who produce between 90 and 100 bpm and still manage to get the floor bouncing.

Any other Berliners on here?

1 Like

38 Dublin.
I like melodic drone, aciiid, old dark jungle, breakcore, classical, sludge / doom metal, and carly rae jepsen.

Started Djing in the late 90s when i was 16, learned music on my broā€™s atariST akai s3000 n hardware synths, went itb for years which sucked. barely remember my 20ā€™s. barely remember my early 30s either.
Got an MD about 7 years ago n since then Iā€™m fully hardware. hopefully ill remember this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m 22 and from the East Midlands, about an hour north of London.

Iā€™ve played in bands through uni and also make lofi BMSR-esque tracks with a Digitakt and SP404.

I work as a copywriter, hopefully trying to break into marketing in the music tech industry. Fingers crossed Iā€™ll be able to write all day (like I do now) but about synths and samplers.

1 Like

How do you get 0.5 of a cat?

2 Likes

:scissors:

1 Like

41, Italy. Some years ago became addicted of metal boxes making weird sounds, now Iā€™m spending most of my free time with it.
Find Elektron machines are the best for me: easy workflow, deep creative possibilities.

1 Like

Russia, Volgograd. 23 years old.
Me like basically devices of Akai, Roland, Elektron, Tasty Chips.

1 Like

Quantum physics paradox? No, actually one of our cats decided that sheā€™d rather live out and about in the neighborhood and started coming ā€œhomeā€ only about once a week.

2 Likes

I can appreciate any music thread that references Schrƶdinger. :happy:

:thup:

34, Antwerp (Belgium).
Taking my first steps into the Elektron world with my new Digitakt, but Iā€™ve been eyeing Elektron boxes for a while now.

1 Like

37, from glorious Huddersfield but now living in Copenhagen. Bought an Octatrack in 2015 after many years of having no hardware and not really making any music. Tried a Machindrum for a bit but it felt ancient after the Octatrack and I realised Iā€™m not really a fan of drum machine sounds. Constantly eyeing up a Rytm but have not gone there yet. Mk2 with sampling might push me over the edge.

1 Like

38 years old, Louisville, KY USA but originally from Wisconsin USA and even though I moved south as a kid, I will always feel like the weird northerner though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go Packers!

At age 42, my wife, 12 year old son and I live in sun soaked and hurricane battered Tampa, Florida, USA. I began doing electronic music back in the mid 1990s and I still have much of what I purchased back then. I was a technology professional for much of the past 20 years but I decided to change fields and go into business for myself. I now work in finance, something I find incredibly interesting. So far itā€™s been enjoyable to combine my analytical mindset with my understanding of economics and love for problem solving.

I guess it was back in 2013 that I bought my Octatrack, which was my first Elektron instrument. Prior to that, I had some experience (through a band mate) with a SIDStation in the early 2000s. You could say it was early on that I recognized Elektron as a company to keep an eye on. :wink:

The beaches by us:

6 Likes

27, iā€™m from Belarus, Minsk.
Coil

3 Likes

Nice to see a wide range of ages of all the 'Nauts! Iā€™m 47, live in Portland, Oregon at the moment, but plan on moving back to New Zealand next year (Iā€™m American). I guess I write and play a range of electronic and acoustic worldish music. Mostly have a background as a bass player and percussionist and then Turkish bowed tanbur player for the last 13 years. Got into making ā€œelectronic musicā€ using Cakewalk Sonar long ago and then Ableton since v. 4. Used that as a looper for my strings and percussion for some years before getting an OT in 2013. Sold that, tried advanced pedal loopers, regretted selling the OT and bought one in 2016. Itā€™s been a crazy ride since :loopy:

2 Likes

Louis Andriessen has composed some of the wildest shit Iā€™ve ever laid ears on, never heard him mentioned by anyone other than classical composers though. Awesome list of collaborators, will definitely check out your stuff :v:

Iā€™m 28, Glasgow, playing in some bands, working on my own tunes, going to shows, etc etc. Itā€™s a great city for friends and creativity.

1 Like

28 and from Seattle, WA, USA. Mostly I listen to goth music, electric/synth pop stuff from the 80ā€™s anything that hits on those vibes from today and the synth music from yester year - preferably from a different culture.

5 Likes

As old as the hills and far away.

Apparently my brother-in-law used to make synth experiments out of scrap electronics from TVs on our kitchen table when I was a nipper. Later I learned the trick of taping over the erase head when I was given a cassette recorder aged about 11. There was an EMS of some sort of at middle school. Autobahn sounded great on the radio. All these things led to to here.

2 Likes