How old are you and where are you from?

Hi all 34 from Queretaro Mexico only two from latin america :dizzy_face: maybe more in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

26 in Brooklyn, NY.

Got into samplers and such via hip-hop (Madlib, J Dilla, etc.) then started to get more electronic via the Field, Gas, Aphex Twin, Basic Channel, Boards of Canada. More recently been digging footwork (RP Boo, DJ Rashad, Jlin).

1 Like

41(wife says 40+) Berlin based since 8 years, but from Copenhagen. Into all kinds of music and sounds

1 Like

31, manchester, uk

i like moody, droney, post rocky things

esmerine, summons of shining ruins, bersarin quartett, jacaszek, from the mouth of the sun, a silver mt zion

1 Like

27 living in Toronto

too many influences to list, but anything from Ed Banger Records, DNTEL, John Tejada, Genius of Time I really enjoy. In terms of hip-hop/rap producers: Alchemist, Necro, early Neptunes stuff, DJ Muggs, Pete Rock, and DJ Premier beats have always been inspiring.

The OP-1 was my main introduction into synthesis/sampling and haven’t looked back since. It was a great primer for my modular/elektron workflow and now I’m just trying to improve my live playing and improvisational skills with my current setup. Always exploring different BPMs/genres/styles but I have a lot of fun making techno.

1 Like

nice to see … i spent a part of my youth in vienna … most of the time in the old Gasometer and after that in the Arena[/quote]
hawidere!

LOL ! u r funny !!!

I’m 35 and live in Vancouver, Canada.
For the past few years I’ve been a sole proprietor at a studio, recording acts like Gold + Youth, Mother Mother, Hey Ocean! to name a few, and occasionally did compositions for indie films/docs.
I studied piano as a kid, took up guitar during college, and did a (post-) post-secondary diploma in sound engineering where I was introduced to synthesizers! We hooked up a couple Doepfer modules to an oscilloscope and my mind was blown.
I used to listen to a lot of punk and metal and “alt” (Dead Kennedys, 3 Inches of Blood, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, Daft Punk, WU LYF, Tame Impala, Black Angels) - but these days guitar rock doesn’t cut it for me. I was really impressed when I started hearing guys like Blawan, xxxy, Burial, Four Tet, Rustie, Dan Deacon, DJ Rashad… And after years of trying to make a living at the studio, I’ve folded up shop and am currently making music as an artist using my Elektron gear and a recently-built modular system. And I’ve never been more excited!

A bit of a long response, but my ankle is broken right now and I can’t do too much :zonked:

3 Likes

33 San Francisco, CA USA.

Been sampling records and messing with gear since I was 23.

2 Likes

26, based in Berlin and actually i´m searching for a mate to make some electronic music (deep-house, tech-house , techno or something else).

1 Like

33, based in South Thuringa in Germany. Just recently moved to North Bavaria 17 km away from my home :slight_smile: Its already another federal state on the other side of the old frontier that separated western and eastern germany back in the “dark” age :wink:

@marcusmono: Im looking for such a mate too - for ages already. I live in a very rural region though - its hard to find anyone here that makes some electronic music. Most of the people here are into Rock and such stuff :-/ Guess in Berlin you should easily find one, dont you?!

1 Like

One ought to think… Of course there are many people which making music but those people wants to get to know , you know … :wink:

pm ed

:+1: :joy: Well am I Old enough ? I’m 48 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: - No blonde ( nothing at all ) - no porche and - But I’ve got 2 Elektrons and I’m Happy - :wink:

And You are right ! HAHA…

1 Like

37, The Hague, Netherlands
Looking for someone to make music with
Techno

no problem with travelling

2 Likes

come visit me in Berlin!

31 years old. West Palm Beach, Florida, USA (about an hour north of Miami).

What I really want to do is combine electronic music with guitar playing. What I generally do instead is make kind of goofy, upbeat, spacey electronic stuff. Like uptempo ambient psy? And play guitar on the side.

I don’t know. I want to hold a guitar and play a Rytm at the same time.

I’ve had most of the Elektron boxes, sold a lot of gear a while ago, and just got a A4 very recently. Very impressed with it.

1 Like

My earlier response in this thread was somewhat snarky (albeit true), but since it might be good to connect with people in real life, I’m 33 and live in the urban sprawl of Phoenix, Arizona. Into idm, ambient, experimental and avant-garde music, jazz, hip-hop, industrial…too much to name. Feels like a musical desert here, besides being an actual desert. Would love to collab or even just smoke a bowl with some like minds.

1 Like

Gestalt: Started playing instruments at 10, started producing at 18, began creating personal software for music at 25. Have been peaking ever since.
Influences: I buy a lot of music so . . .
Of all time: Autechre, Photek and Source Direct from '94 to '97, Aphex Twin (SAW II only), Akira Yamaoka, My Bloody Valentine, Brian Eno, Erik Satie, Angelo Badalamenti, other stuff.
Bought recently: ACI_Edits, Skee Mask, Perfume Advert, Sharp Veins, The Fear Ratio, Wen, Rabit, XIII, Iglew, Micachu, Sagat, Divided, Acre, Bellows, Jlin, Mumdance & Logos, this will just go on forever if I don’t stop here.

3 Likes

I highly recommend getting the G2M by Sonuus; it will let you play your synths with a guitar, in a limited capacity; single notes, no chords…