How do YOU fill the "AK wasteland"

the extra red and white chroma caps helps a lot, but yea, also being able to program the LED bar colors helps it fit in just about anywhere.

And I can configure it the other way. Assigning the knobs to performance controls while I page around on the AK for synth parameter stuff. And the knobs are also push buttons, which can be programmed for mutes.

1 Like

That sounds super useful. Going between parameter pages and performance mode has been kind of a pain for sometimes.

and if you REALLY want to get all matchy-match, the AK knobs use the same shaft size, so hit up Elektron to order 16 grey knobs for it

8 Likes

When I got mine a week ago, I immediately noticed it’s drum capacities. I never a used a Rytm so I don’t know how it sounds like IRL but from what I heard so far the AK will satisfy my needs and wants for quite some time to come!

3 Likes

Micromonsta 2 would be awesome in that spot :open_mouth:

2 Likes

away from my Keys for the weekend but if anyones got theirs close by, would someone mind measuring the wasteland for me? interested in the distance from the encoders to the side

A bit over 6.5”
I wouldn’t use anything over 6” wide there if you want it to sit flush and also be able to comfortably use the last 2 encoders.

2 Likes

Thanks!

My recent blackbox is the perfect fit.

3 Likes

Finally I settled for a Launchpad Mini MKIII. Perfect fit, HUGE improvement in my workflow (3x64 custom commands: bye bye obscure key-combos!).

2 Likes

I have the Micromonsta 1 parked over there. Fits perfectly. MIDI out from CV track.

4 Likes

Modded AK with Braids, Warps and PSU!
All started with an used AK, dirty and Encoders needed to get replaced. During cleaning noticed there’s enough space for modules and PSU.
Pretty cool, eh?

Source

22 Likes

You win! @Schnork

2 Likes

Oh man! This truly is the best diy I’ve seen. Got me thinking that the AK with a drum machine built in to the ‘wasteland’ would be game over for me. Everything there within arms reach and no cables.

Maybe half a MD would do the job…. If only.

2 Likes

Amazing! We have a winner!

1 Like

34HP would fit Erica Synths Pico Drums, Pico Drum 2, Sample Drum + Drum Mixer (Which has inbuilt compressor). Damn…An all Erica Synth drum machine in the AK!
Or a couple of TipTop drum modules, 2HP drum modules etc. Many choices! Of course one would have to make the best out of the four CV outs.

Holy smokes! :joy:

1 Like

Or a plinky…

1 Like

Super sick, but rails for swapping modules in and out would be an improvement imho. :slight_smile:

1 Like

props that’s creative. Is there much space inside there between the knobs and the module? Wonder how far you could take this

I used to dream about doing this with a Koma field kit