How do YOU fill the "AK wasteland"

I chuckled when I saw it described as such elsewhere on the forum. :slight_smile: Anyway, what are you using to fill the big empty space on your AK deck?

I was thinking about a 0-Coast with right angle power supply…

1 Like

guitar pedals like Eventide H9

3 Likes

I once rocked a Nord Drum there. Eats up the 4 CV channels, multitimbral…

3 Likes

Four FM voices from the Digitone would fit nicely.

not enough space rly

Not enough space for the digi boxes, but a volca fm fits pretty nicely on mine

1 Like

Someone’s gotta do one of those slick renderings with the guts of the Digitone seamlessly filling that empty space… That’s a Mk. 2 I can get behind! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Blofeld should be well on it. I swapped it for Micromonsta which is smaller. I don’t have an AK but and A4.
Edit : Micromonsta should be better for that space. Blofeld is too large I guess.

1 Like

Pics/drawings/doodles

3 Likes

you dont want to have anything too high there blocking your right and from using the macro controls

1 Like

True! This is why I had O Coast in mind but maybe it’s still an issue.

1 Like

just tried it and the 0-coast hangs off the side by about two inches, assuming you had a right-angled power supply. I’d be afraid of scratching the AK with that.

mine currently provides a resting place for two stacked-up Kenton Pro Solos. not terribly exciting, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for checking that out! Yeah, I think the 2 inches is not a dealbreaker for me. Would need to find a non invasive way to mount it securely for sure though.

MIDI is always exciting!

6 Likes

I’d always rest my hand there and liked that there was space to the right of the encoders to lean my palm on while programming.

5 Likes

It’s funny you mention that because I do that too without reading the manual. I do it on second nature. Maybe that’s what the designers were originally thinking.

4 Likes

Midi is great, not sure about karaoke midi files ! :smile:
No GAS for that one.

1 Like

Dataline really wore it best:

8 Likes

I do the same! It’s quite comfortable but I’m willing to sacrifice it for the right piece. Mostly it’s my forearm on the front section next to the keys.

1 Like

It’s no Virus TI2, you could park your car in that space.

9 Likes

From time to time I’ve got the Minitaur there accepting AK CV.
I have to put a thin piece of plywood under the Minitaur as it’s footprint is a tad too big by a 1cm. And then only my left hand can freely access the AK pots.