DT/ST/DN/AK in one beautiful wooden case

After I received my 2 week ban I got so angry that I bought myself an Analog Keys. :stuck_out_tongue:
Now I want a nice wooden case that will fit all these beautiful instruments making it one big Elektron workstation.
The ST, DN and DT together are almost the same in width as the AK which will make it look perfect. I was already planning to built my own and I don’t think anyone has made one before but maybe there are some examples I overlooked?

Also the AK has a nice flat surface on the right side which could fit something small. Any recommendations?

The Zoia should fit.

2 Likes
1 Like

As another synth is placed behind the AK I fear gear at that height might make controlling the synth difficult unless I designed to place the synths higher but I also don’t want to make the case too large.

Thanks for the thread. I see a few cool options there. The Bluebox might seem like a great fit. :slight_smile:

A cup holder and/or succulents

2 Likes

I like putting my AK behind and above other boxes.

3 Likes

I don’t know if the proportions work out the same but could you add an AHFX and have 2 boxes on either side of the AK?

The clear space on the AK is not quite enough room for a Heat. It’s close but definitely hangs off the side about 2 inches and a little off the back.
If you try to squeeze it in, it feels like it’s crowding the AKs knobs

I found that the AK fits well on the “2nd tier” of 2-tier keyboard stand devices. The recessed area under the keys is a nice place for the “lip” of the stand to rest, and it actually brings the whole AK forward more than another device would be. This is useful because I don’t want to be too far from its screen.

Volca Modular - It doesn’t fit straight-on, but does fit diagonally. And a standard 1/8" TRS “headphone” cable can go out of the CV A/B or C/D right into the control input of the Volca Modular.

T.E. P.O.s - also fun; can take clock trig from the CV A/B or C/D out.

I didn’t mean on top, I meant two boxes on either side of the Keys, eg:

ST | Keys | DN
DT | Keys | AH

Although obviously I didn’t think it through because where would cables go haha.

1 Like

I’m thinking the Bluebox would be my best option as it allows me to add more to the setup but the Bluebox is limited as it only has 3 stereo outputs and I believe not everything can be rerouted. It’s also not an audio interface which would’ve come in handy.

Here’s what I have in mind if I were to choose the Bluebox.

• Stereo Input 1: Analog keys
  • Stereo Input 2: Digitakt
  • Stereo Input 3: Digitone
  • Stereo Input 4: Syntakt
  • Stereo Input 5: 1 Stereo FX return
  • Stereo Input 6: 2 Mono FX returns
  • Stereo Output 1: Stereo AUX send
  • Stereo Output 2: 2 Mono AUX sends
  • Headphones stereo Output: Used as output for speaker/interface.

Will this work?

Edit: Yes that works. :sunglasses:

For me, the best wasteland occupier integrates with AK’s CV outs and ext ins. With that in mind, I think my fave from experience would be the Nord Drum but I never did try squeezing in a Minitaur or 0-coast, which seem perfect for this too. For quite a while I’ve had a desktop poly hovering over the expanse on a swing arm stand type thing. Nice to be able to swing it out of the way for a forearm rest on th AK.

Thinking about expanding!

I could add 2 old iPad’s and a controller to the case. (or create a separate case with the same height and angles, not sure yet.)

These are old iPads but they still run a few good apps. 1 iPad will mostly run various plugins from Fabfilter and Eventide. The other iPad will be used for MIDI apps such as TouchOSC.

A photo for the general idea:

3 Likes

Such a gorgeous layout.
If that was mine I’d leave the iPads and novation out of it.
I’d probably add a Heat+FX tho, even if my OCD threw a fit.
It’d warm up to it.

I want to add the AHFX but only when Elektron updates it with much more features. Currently I find the AHFX at least 50% overpriced.

What I really really REALLY want is Elektron to release Overbridge for iPad OS! Unfortunately HQ is super quiet about it which probably means they’re not even looking into it. Wish they were more open about it but it seems the bigger Elektron got the less open their support became. :frowning:

I thought the same thing when it came out.
I wasn’t investing time in learning what it actually does.
Once I found out I had to get one.
After having it I feel like I was completely wrong on thinking it was over priced.

Half of it is already found on other Elektrons like the reverb, delay, chorus. If they added different algorithms I would’ve more eager to get one I guess.

That totally makes sense.
When it comes to any Heat, the real meat and potatoes is not in the digital effects, it’s the filters, envelops and drive circuits combined together.
I will say the AH+FX compressor really puts that one in the perfect place. It fills out the over all concept.
Prior to getting one I was considering various effect to use on my mixer sends.
Adding up a delay and reverb pedal and/or a saturation and end chain compressor, made me decide to just get the new heat.
I was able to sell some of the gear I had making the Heat a 300 dollar purchase.

I’m telling myself that if I get a desktop model and just stick to 1 track I could live with the 4 voices and it will be less frustrating as it’s now on the AK.

Stupid idea or? :thinking:

And what poly should I add instead?