Hollow justifications for buying gear

ps2 - why do we not get badges here like on the Squarp site? I want my stinkin’ badges!

1 Like

same here — using RM1x as the brain (and as an ultra-capable drum machine), planning Pyramid.
but the latter is not going to happen soon.

and was looking at Virus B, but suddenly found Command Station XL-7.

1 Like

this

2 Likes

expensive synths/guitars will hold or even increase their value over time. So it’s an long-term investment like buying a real estate

5 Likes

This. Plus one day I hope my son will inherite all the cool stuff I bought and make phantastuc tunes as he has time to learn all of it in depth. Where I failed he shall shine :smile:

5 Likes

“Cuz it’s cursed”
:japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

A Waldorf Quantum will save me so much valuable time compare to wasting away on Serum.

2 Likes

Buying this sample pack of drums will stop me from spending all Sunday recording single shots

Listens to every drum shot I just bought. Well looks like I need to spend all Sunday recording drum hits from records I like :sob:

5 Likes

much more effective than sample packs imo

2 Likes

And I thought I had gear problems… There’s something particularly unsettling about a cursed sampler rather than a synthesizer. Are the samples also cursed? What about the tracks they were used on? What about the original sources sampled? Are those also cursed?

2 Likes

YOU’LL HAVE TO BUY IT AND FIND OUT MUAHAHA :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

I wonder if I should curse my digitakt :thinking:

Kenton prolock dark arts edition?

1 Like

This VA synth only sounds good because of the efffects it has on top of it. You take that away and you will have boring oscillators.

Someone baited me on GS with that and i was smart enough not to reply

2 Likes

Its like having much books around the shelves, cheat on myself that buying equals reading… Transfer that on the amounts of synth I have: I am the next Beethoven ;)… More gear just makes me a better musician, yap!

4 Likes

Norns/Organelle/ER-301/Nord Modular:

“It’s not just a synth, it’s an infinitely expansive tool to build my own synths. It’s the last thing I’ll ever need. I’ll just hunker down and spend the adequate amount of time to learn (supercollider / puredata / the intricacies of modular synthesis) which should take maybe a month tops”

6 Likes

also
I will sell my eurorack

2 Likes

Haha. That’s anything modular. Shout outs to Reaktor and Max. All the online tutorials are just on the surface. The more you dig into modular synths and practice playing them the more you add and remove modules in your patching. I don’t have euro rack but I can imagine what it’s like for someone to set everything up better and see how much more will a new module help.

You can easily make some good movements and forget to hit record during that session :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Obviously you need a Mannequins w/ module so you can record everything. And you can’t just have one Mannequins module. Might as well get a Mangrove, and then another so they can form a complex oscillator as a pair. Hell, the entire Mannequins lineup sits well together. Then a Teletype… what’s my credit card balance again?

“It’s a classic and won’t be on the market for long” - pretty shitty in times with lots of “reissues” and has resulted in a bit of a Roland Boutique pile of shame in my basement :smiley:

10 Likes

add axoloti to that game.

5 Likes

Sometimes I close my portable 12U so I can focus on making music.

2 Likes