Hollow justifications for buying gear

i recently needed a large-ish midi keyboard so i bought a dsi rev2, since, ya know, it has a large-ish keyboard AND a complete synth. i actually SAVED money. right? :laughing:

years ago i bought an early ipod but my computer at the time didnā€™t have enough HD space to accommodate the device. so i bought a new mac.

13 Likes

ā€˜thereā€™s a gap on my desk and itā€™s shaped conveniently like a synthā€™

17 Likes

I have an empty wall behind me, perfect fit for a midsized modular.

10 Likes

My Co-worker told me it was ok to buy the Rytm because she used so much money on golf gear

14 Likes

I have a really small setup, but all MKl devices became really affordable these days - my actual real existing problem :smile:

4 Likes

haha that checks

15 posts were split to a new topic: UAD Apollo gear use [spinoff topic]

I have a new table for some synths setup against the studio back wall. Canā€™t be bothered with long cabling so why not get another set of monitors instead.

7 Likes

I have 5 synths that I never use.
So, I should buy 5 new ones that I actually will use.

23 Likes

ā€œProduct X in this youtube video from Y looks like fun, sounds warm, does something no other of my devices can do and letā€™s me produce good tracks instantly. Ok letā€™s seeā€¦ how much is it? Damn! Ok I could sellā€¦ no I canā€™t let this one go and I also need it forā€¦ AH DAMN IT NOT AGAIN!!..but maybeā€¦ā€

8 Likes

I bought stuff because I wanted it , not because I needed it.
But that was last year.
This year Iā€™m selling it because I havenā€™t used it.

12 Likes

I wanted another red synth that went bleep ?
ā€¦ I have too much nord ā€¦ if thatā€™s possible.

4 Likes

Meta-justification:

My soundcards only has 8 inputs. I need to buy a new soundcard with more input so I can plug more synths. That I donā€™t have. Yet.

8 Likes

The one that has gotten me more than a few occasions of late has been the really tempting second hand prices that folk tend to advertise things on here forā€¦ Iā€™m scared to look at my posting history as itā€™ll primarily be posts in the sellers feedback saying ā€œgood and friendly transactionā€ā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ll buy it now to save myself the bother of buying it later.

17 Likes

I am lucky enough to have a rack of 64 converters. I need to fill it with stuff!

1 Like

ā€œBuy cheap, buy twiceā€ is one of my favourites.

6 Likes

Almost did the REV2 thing last weekend but I opted for a Novation 61SL MKIII and decided to opt for a REV2-Desktop. That way, I wonā€™t damage the keyboard of the Prophet by playing it!

Economically sound decisions!

Smart amiright?

6 Likes

ā€œ<this device> is the only one iā€™m yet missing to create music of my dreamsā€.
every time

8 Likes

That one is actually true tho!
I am on my 3rd interface, had I bought apollo right off the bat Iā€™d been good all along!