Hiphop Beat Battle #15: Voting and Feedback

Greetings you talented bunch :cowboy_hat_face:

it’s voting time and i hope you will all take time out to give them all a listen.

As there was a big turnout again we’ll have a week including today to vote so final day for voting will be wednesday the 9th November

there will be three votes this time round

THE GOOD (three points)
your overall winner that will ride victorious into the sunset to set up what will probably be the last battle of the year

THE BAD (two points)
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good!
This is the track that nearly made the grade for you.

THE UGLY (one point)
the track that along with your other choices, made you screwface and nod your head and deserves a point

Well done to everyone involved

18 Likes

It’s almost TOO many entries. It’s hard to judge all at once.

Especially with the caliber of entries. I’m already a better producer from this.

I already know I need to go harder next time. Like some of these beats are so good that now I’m mad.

There’s a couple I love, but will wait till I’m through all of them to finally say what’s up.

edit — I already know what I need to do next time. I was approaching this like a song where you can add lyrics, but it’s actually better to go mixtape style, like DJ Premier or Green Lantern or Alchemist.

Way more edits, almost like I’m remixing three beats instead of one.

2 Likes

Damnnn 21 submissions again!

I’m not even halfway the playlist yet and there’s too many tracks I like to even make a shortlist. I’m sincerely blown away by the quality and diversity in style again.

4 Likes

It’s crazy, right?

Good production inspired by a god tier composer.

Having such good source material has to drive inspiration.

2 Likes

Dope compilation :duck:

3 Likes

Just had a first listen, this will not be an easy decision. The struggle many experienced while flippin the maestro really paid off it seems. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

EZ vote : https://numbergenerator.org/randomnumbergenerator/1-21#!numbers=3&low=1&high=21&unique=true&csv=&oddeven=&oddqty=0&sorted=false&addfilters=

1 Like

Wow, quality beat overload! I definitely have some favorites already, but I am going to have to play this list a few more times before I can unsaddle my horse and call it a day.

2 Likes

I just had a listen to all tracks. It’s very very difficult to find only 3 of them, all are great productions.
Tomorrow I will listen to them more times and try to decide which are the 3 favourites of mine.

Anyway…gunshots everywhere!! :boom::gun:

:smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations everyone the quality and variety is incredible! Been listening all day, it’s going to be so hard the pick only three favourites. Yeehaw

2 Likes

Excellent work! I ”dig” all the submissions.

1 Like

Number 11 had a golden eye/mandolirian vibe that I am so into

You all are truly inspiring, I am forcing myself to join the next one

Not even sure I will be able to choose favorites right now, but I am definitely going to have to listen multiple times to choose

2 Likes

Sorry fella it’s only those that took part in the battle that vote but you’re more than welcome to join and look forward to seeing you on the next one

Oh got it, thanks for explaining

2 Likes

Okay i’m going for the fast draw.

THE GOOD: 7. Love it from start to finish. Stand out percussion, incredible sample selection and use of them, the tracks keeps building to places you’ll never think it will reach… Damn!
THE BAD: 8. This could be straight from blowout comb, it’s incredibly nice and tight, ya dig?
THE UGLY: 5. Loved the bombastic attitude, with the dnb sauce sprinkled on top…

HM: 11, man that’s like watching a movie, so cinematic and a technical masterpiece!
HM: to the whole posse, what a shootout!

6 Likes

Allright, here we go:

The GOOD: 10 - Could really see this ending up in one of my playlist. Somehow, I imagined R.A. the Rugged Man spitting on this. Not to many elements, but a perfect blend for me.

The BAD: 11 - Technical masterpiece. A LOT happening in this track. Normally I prefer simple straightforward boombap type beats, but this just fits and tells a story.

The UGLY 8 - Somehow this reminds me of massive 90s hits such as “I got 5 on it”, “I wish”. At the same time, a very relaxed ATCQ/The Roots type of vibe. Dig it.

HM: 1 - Best western vibe of all to my ears. Could easily be the opening score for a modern spaghetti western comedy featuring Will Ferrel and Kevin Heart as main gunslingers and Ice Cube as the new Sheriff in town.

Thanks everyone for sharing your talent and @Yabba & @1-2 , thanks for hosting!

8 Likes

Okay.

The good.

It’s 8 for me. It’s got that jazz infused 90’s hip hop.

The bad.

It’s 12. It’s got that syncopated bass that I love.

The ugly.

Damn. I’ll say 17. It’s got that realistic bass.

But (HM)

15 was almost my ugly. It was soooo close. I was flip flopping. And actually I think 15 and 17 could be combined into one track. It’s got similar vibes and would A/B together so nicely. The more I went back and forth, they really started to feel like they were off the same cut.

6 Likes

I feel so much better now that it’s all out the way. This stressed me out, but in a good way. I was really invested in this,as it’s my first beat battle.

I never went head to head with production before.

Mad respects for everyone.

And thank you @Yabba and @1-2 for hosting.

Now we wait for the final results!

6 Likes

I previously heard the intro to all of these when setting up the playlist.
Today was my first proper listen though and I loved all of it :smiley:
I like the way the beats are all different, unmistakably hip hop, yet have that same Morricone mood.

I won’t vote until last as I set up, and there’s some that are on top of my list, but I’m gonna have to give another couple of listens.
really top work from everyone.

5 Likes

Seriously impressed with all the submissions. It’s humbling to be amongst musicians of such caliber. Anyways, enough gushing, on to the voting…

THE GOOD: Gotta hand it to 11. It definitely was marinated in Morricone essence and sounds like it. Especially the final part with the horns. Awesome is all I’ve got to say. Oh and great vocal clips!

THE BAD: 16. Down and dirty. I love the use of the fanfare throughout.

THE UGLY: 13. The added rapping enhances a pretty catchy beat.

HM: 5, 10. Definitely nailed the Morricone+Hip Hop vibe. Too hard to choose honestly but it had to be done.

6 Likes