Hip hop made with the Digitakt

Thanks for asking! i’ll put it on soundcloud!

2 Likes

Hello there,
Long time I didn’t made music. I was too busy and I didn’t have any inspiration, but today is a great day for me.
I finally find motivation to turn on my SL1200MKII, Digitakt and PERfourMER MKII.
Started to find a sample on a vinyl, then I sampled a drum break from another vinyl, I chop it and made a kit in the DT. Started to play with, added the PERfourMER magics and ended with something far from hard hip hop but maybe you can like it anyway.

Peace.

5 Likes

Dope! Love the drums and the sound of the synth and sample combined

2 Likes

I already posted it in a separate topic, but for future visitors of this awesome topic:
Here’s my DT only beattape!

Spotify

Soundcloud

This 8 track ep is an exploration of the Digitakt as a boombap/lofi machine. All tracks are made entirely on the DT and recorded as masters out of the stereo outs.

The tracks are made by sampling vinyl, some instruments and my fav synth (the moog grandmother) into the DT, and chopping/sequencing everything in there.

4 Likes

Great stuff Sleepy!

1 Like

Many months later.
Today I have ordered my Digitone.

Much Love Hawk

1 Like

YES! I can’t think of a more qualified person to have one, you’re going to kill with it and your takt. Since we talked I got a second one in a trade, now I have my Digitone Keys for home and the standard model to keep at work, what a machine.

1 Like

I had a lot of fun making this shit beat. Digitakt 100% vinyl sampled + PERfourMER for the bassline.

3 Likes

Let’s finish this year 2020

Vinyl + PERfourMER sampled into Digitakt. 100% Digitakt jam.

10 Likes

Mortelity

1 Like

First time in a very long time that I made more than just a loop… Digitakt, Digitone and Model: Cycles were used, polished a little bit in Ableton. Mastering and arrangement aren´t my strong side.

5 Likes

Dope! I like the way you chopped the sample.

1 Like

Sounds great to me… drums sound awesome man!

1 Like

Very dope! :boom:

1 Like

First beat of the digitakt beat tape ! More to come soon!

3 Likes

ah bah voilà, je cherchais sur ton SC des beats avec le DT

J’en ai fait un paquet mais faut que je prenne le temps de les enregistrer sur l’ordi…J’vais profiter des vacances pour faire ça :slight_smile:

Another one, it sound dirty as hell sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(Edit : i had a problem with the crappy bassline, i changed it, it’s better now)

6 Likes

It’s Saul Goodman :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

@blaize nice! Diggin’ that rock vibe, it reminds me of some beats by Oh No!

@drrumble dooooope! First one has that french golden age sound that you already nailed quite well with your M:S tape, second one is more along the line of the Mello Music Group vibe. Fresh!

I’m working on an EP with a MC, mood will be deep in the 1997 french rap sound. Can’t wait to share it with you guys.

5 Likes