Hip hop made with the Digitakt

Just got an Akai Force now.

Good idea! Iā€™ll see if I can set up something later today!

Iā€™m currently thinking about switching to an AR for doing my beats, but the lack of finetuning startpoint is keeping me from it. Do you still like the OT over the DT?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the mention!

Sadly, I also let my DT go this year. Great machine, but I found myself using Serato Sample, Logic, and Kontakt more and more. Still lurking as well! I hope people keep the thread alive. :sparkles::loud_sound:

1 Like

Well, youā€™re the og of this thread, so of course I mentioned you haha.

Good to hear everyoneā€™s still making music, be it on different machines/software. For me, the DT is still my desert island machine, i cant imagine ever selling it, even though I sometimes envy the mpc/machine possibilities and pads.

1 Like

Iā€™m preparing a boom bap beat tape using only this dream team. Sampling with akai s20 to get the lofi sound and resampling and sequencing in takt. This duo is amazing! Hope to share it soon!

5 Likes

Sadly Iā€™m in the ā€œSold my DTā€ boat too! Hard times meant it had to go. Iā€™m still using Ableton with my Maschine though so beats are still being made. I hope to replace the DT some day as it was my absolute favorite piece of kit of all time.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to hear your beat tape !
Love the beats you did on the M:S :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sad to hear you had to sell it, your videos were great! Hope youā€™ll replace it one day.

Hey man,

I have a handful of Digitakt only tracks that I donā€™t think I ever posted here before, so I figured I might as well share a couple instead of letting them sit on the hard drive.

This is I believe the first track I ever made on the DT. Recorded straight from DT to a little Boss digital 8-track player. No post processing at all.

(Make me miss my Digitakt)

2 Likes

Dope man, working with the DT is different from another gears / DAW. You can make things you never thinked with a DAW and thatā€™s cool for beatmaking original tracks.

Never look back, if you sold DT itā€™s over, but maybe Elektron will bring a new sampler soon.

1 Like

Dope! i like the drums

1 Like

96.2 Bpm

100% Digitakt
Record with Zoom H6

Much Love @Sleepyhead Thanks for the mention
it brought me back.

I have not been posting as much music these past few months,
however,
I am still making digitakt tracks everyweek, mostly in little
bursts.
Will try post more in the future!

Much Love

edt:
here is BC free DL

4 Likes

Dope! Your stuff often sounds a bit like a modern/electronic version of the wu-tang sound.

1 Like

Another Sunday morning sessionā€¦ this time a more Lofi type track using lots of sidechain compression. All digitakt.

4 Likes

Donā€™t want to go about double posting, so here is my post about my tape release
itā€™s 100% digitakt and instrumental beats and tunes, released digitally
last january, and new to tape and minidisc yesterday

2 Likes

This weeks beat is a bit more ā€˜Boombapā€™ I guessā€¦ Hope you guys like it.

I will make a beattape out of all these sessions and release it on spotify etc. In early december!

2 Likes

This is the final edition of my sunday morning boombap sessions on the Digitakt. Next week Iā€™ll release all of them as a beattape on spotify!

4 Likes

dope beat

1 Like

Thanks dude!

HeyHey! Sleepy!
Any chance we will see the
boombap sessions tape on other platforms?
I just canā€™t spotify!

Bandcamp for bandcamp day? perhaps?
Much Love

2 Likes