Hip hop made with the Digitakt

@Kuro Thanks man! Glad to hear you like it. I use variety of drum sounds, both from old breakbeats, sample packs and actual drums i’ve recorded.
I feel like the main thing making my drums sound good is actually the digitakt, because it allows me to finetune everything like a mad man (timing, amp and filter envelope, pitch, start/end point etc.)

@DataStrain I like the build up on the drums/percussion on this one!

2 Likes

Thanks brother! It’s always a pleasure listening to your beats. You’ve got some of the smoothest stuff, my man.

1 Like

This is super-dope. Could imagine really raw raps over this.

2 Likes

Thank you! Something about the DT brings the old school boom bap outta me. That’s why I love using ot with my 404 also. Such a great way to get old school vibes.

1 Like

hiphouse jam on Digitakt 100%
record with Zoom H6

1 Like

This is my attempt at involving the DAW a bit more in the music making process. I usually do everything directly on the Digitakt and only use the DAW to record and add a limiter, but this time I used the piano roll to make a few piano loops then sampled them into the Digitakt.

So far I’ve also recorded bass, flute and guitar directly into the Digitakt. This time I played the bass guitar through the DT and into FL Studio, where I added compression and overdrive, then sampled the audio from there back into the DT. What I ended up were a bunch of piano loops and a bass loop that I could slice and rearrange.

The drums were made all on the Digitakt. I made a tutorial on how to do it, if you’re curious: https://youtu.be/YSCrbF-u7gE

7 Likes

some hiphop/electronic/chill/beats
all made with digitakt

10 Likes

*cue DJ Kaled: ANOTHA ONE

1 Like

Dope! Really like the piano!

Thanks!

Hi, this thread is fire!
So I am posting my first single made solely on Digitakt, tracked to ableton live for some additional mix.

4 Likes

These are dope! Very creative.

New one for insta tv. All made with the Digitakt only. My s/o gave me the idea to make beats based off of subject words and so far it’s been an awesome and rewarding challenge

3 Likes

Thanks, mate!

Hey guys I finally hooked up my guitar looper to my Digitakt and came up with some lowkey/jazzy hip-hop :

Bass is from the 0-coast, Digitakt is sequencing the whole thing. Hope you like it! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

is your name a lil ugly mane reference? i hear some shawn kemp in your production sir

Hey guyz, here is another attempt at live-looping hip-hop with the DT as the brain of my setup :

8 Likes

Nice vibes on these :heart:

1 Like

New instrumental I did on the DT

5 Likes

Wow that’s super nice, the end is a bit abrupt but the bass sounds awesome, keep it up!

@spikysimon Thank youu<3

1 Like