Hip-Hop Beat Battle #19 Loosely rock themed

sample1 - En Gång Om Året by Dungen

sample2 - Autolux’s Turnstile Blues intro drum loop

sample3 - random guitar clip I recorded from many years ago

7 Likes

You could also consider normaal if you’re showcasing our national treasures.

3 Likes

Excited about this challenge :smiley:

If you want to bring the rock it’s got to be Black Sabbath and Bill Ward swings.

I’m also providing a bass sound I made with my Reface CS and a random drum break.

5 Likes

My first sample is the intro from “Heard It Through The Grapevine,” by The Slits. My wife chose this sample.

My second sample (I can’t believe I’m sharing this with people) is from The Inflatable Sideshow’s song Bone Frequency.

Looking forward to another match with you fellas. As previously mentioned, I’m coming for ya’lls asses this time, so bring your A game. Here’s to another amazing battle! Shout out to Cool Doug Love for hosting. Let’s get busy.

5 Likes

Sabbath! Link is giving me Video Unavailable, even copying into another tab. Was it NIB you were trying to post?

2 Likes

Yes!

Weirdly that video works for me so it’s maybe a region thing.

3 Likes

Gotta be this one:

Plus a couple drum/etc loops (44K/16bit, happy octatrack to those that celebrate)

7 Likes

I don’t know about that Nazareth track but those octaloops are disgusting.

I dig the cowbell intro though! And the hook is hilarious. “Now you’re messing with a SonofaBits” bit is *chef’s kiss

@Jedilicious, are you trolling?! Hasselhoff and Gabber kicks? :rofl:

Humble brag, I think my beat is almost done. I’m sure I’ll do 12 more but I’m already loving my first one.

Edit 14: there’s nothing humble about that brag, lol. :muscle:

Edit 15: wow, I’m cracking myself up to crickets over here.

2 Likes

@Funk_Illuminati

100% trolling

But also providing some out of the box options :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never mind already found it! ( Who Knows (Live) Jimi Hendrix)

1 Like

Following on from my ‘confession’ thread, I’m gonna try and enter this battle… I’ve never made hip hop and I’ve never finished a track… let’s see how this goes. Here’s my samples, chosen randomly:

7 Likes

Osdorp Posse has some great rock-like tracks. Heideroosjes is another option that comes to mind :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m itching to get started tomorrow as it’s my day off, so I’ll probably make a start then, and probably kick myself when someone posts something else I wanna use instead before the 5th, like I used to in ye olde battles of yore when we did this format :joy:

4 Likes

Might have to werp this beat

Samples incoming, but probably nothing worth waiting for

5 Likes

I’ve just seen the new Digi update :hushed:
not overly interested in the new chopping function but the samplerate thing sounds great and the other stuff sounds interesting.

4 Likes

I haven’t even updated to the 2nd lfo :man_facepalming:
Srr and auto tempo repitch stretch and live playing chops instead of copy paste xox have me wanting to to see what it brings to the workflow/sonics

2 Likes

Actually, having now watched a vid of the chopping mode, that does looks interesting too.
I might wait till anyone spots any bugs first though.
The sample rate thing from what I’ve heard does give a pleasing sound

3 Likes

I have to admit, I am drooling over this one quite a bit. Need to do the update tonight and then the fun begins!

3 Likes

Nice one, would be interesting to hear what you think

2 Likes

Mannn I’m hoping they add these updates to the AR as well. Really jealeous to be honoust.

5 Likes