Hey Elektronauts, liking DT, my 1st Elektron

Heyo
I just bought my first Elektron product ever, a Digitakt.

It’s great! I’ve been missing parameter locks my whole life and didn’t even know it!

Wish I’d got into in earlier :slight_smile: I had been put off by the price of Elektron gear usually being a bit more than I’m used to, but I guess sometimes premium price tags actually mean premium products!!!

17 Likes

Hi!
Glad you’re here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi JPM
Bye Wallet

7 Likes

Welcome!

I wish you to take the time to learn your new instrument from A to Z.
You should find here an helpful community, with good tips and samples!

3 Likes

Christmas is on the way and you wouldn’t want your DT to be lonely would you?

Get it a playmate… in the form of a Digitone😁

7 Likes

…well, elektron stuff is premium…and once u know what’s all in there waiting for u, the price tag is no big deal anymore…all boxes got their own little secrets an tricks to make sure, these investments are good spended money…even on my first octatrack, i got since ages, i still discover new sonic surprises…
but be warned…once ur into swedish hardware, it’s getting hardly addictive pretty soon…
enjoy ur takt for now…

2 Likes

God dammit I’ve already started looking digitone and perhaps an analog heat (altho this one seems to be a bit of an enigma why I’d actually need it, same price but it’s just distortion? Feels like I’d want some more effects in that box before I bought it but watch this space lol)

I would have a nice little 3 box row though hahahaha

4 Likes

I’m biased but for me Digitone was a game changer. They’ll have to prise it out of my hands when I turn my toes up😂

1 Like

Sounds like me. Well, that plus reading other forums with folks commenting that Elektrons sound like VSTs. Those folks were flat out lying. Even the Digitone sounds like fire. I can’t get past the “That Organ SM” preset. It sounds cheesy and serious coming out of speaker woofers; half expecting Robin S to pop out somewhere. It doesn’t even compare to the Korg M1 VST organ preset. I feel like an idiot for buying so so so many redundant VSTs over the years.

1 Like

Welcome to the rabbit hole. BTW, using DT and DN together is the most productive I’ve ever been. They work so well together! Just sayin :wink:

4 Likes

Digitone is great! It’s almost as much of a musical wonderland as the Digitakt(I’m biased towards the Digitakt)

BUT!

Before OD’ing on the Elektron catalogue, get as much out of your Digitakt as possible- you can cover synthesis options by loading up single cycles into the machine!

And, oh! Hey! Would you look at that:

5 Likes

+1 on this!

The Digitakt factory library has great sounding single cycle waveforms. Load one up (saw based for starters), loop it, add some overdrive on the amp page, sprinkle some low pass filter with a bit of envelope and you got a very nice mono bass synth on one of your tracks. P-lock the steps and you have a “very nice Dynamic” bass line synthesizer :slight_smile:

DT stands out when you stop trying to just use it like every other sampler and start using it like an instrument.

3 Likes

Hehe thanks
I dont wanna trash my wallet true! I’m really enjoying making music again on digitakt. More than I have in years!
I can see it’s the kinda thing you could pretty much do a full set on with this alone so I’d like to go as deep as I can (at least until xmas! :p)

Any more tips and hints for digitakt wud be great! I have an MS20 mini, a minilogue and an sq-1 sequencer that I’ve been sequencing using the insanely good 8 midi channels on DT!

3 Likes

These are the kind of comments that “sell me” :smiley:
Now to just attain… money

1 Like

Happy for you!

1 Like

…ha, heat can wait…
first u gonna need the tone next…that’s takts perfect companion…
takts output through tones inputs and off u go…
four independant synth lines is all u need to add for now…
and then wait at least a year before u spent money again…
endless new sonic terretory to discover right in front of u…

and keep in mind…in the studio, all elektron gear can push u beyond limits…but on stage, handling more than two boxes at once, can get out of hand and overwhelming pretty fast…
once it’s three or more, u need to be good organized upfront always…

5 Likes

Hello,
I bought my Digitakt as my first Elektron product AND first new product in my life last year (I buy used condition every other time)
I felt this Digitakt will be the right tool and I keep money to buy it new and since I discover it, I really don’t regret my move.
I really don’t want or need the digitone or something else. The Digitakt can do everything. It’s fun to use and I like turning on 1 machine to make quick jam.
Welcome to the Digitakt, trust me, take your time to experiment, watch youtube videos, there are tons of tricks to use the DT not as the engineer think when they designed it. Just grind it.

2 Likes

Why is it that people route the Digitakt into the digitone?
Is it just to avoid having to use a mixer?
I’m a little confused I’ve seen the master overdrive on digitone and thought maybe that was it? is that an analog circuit or digital?

Going from DT to DN keeps the DN stereo (and the DT if panning or effects are used). Going from DN to DT would make the lovely stereo DN play back in mono :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks that makes sense! But is it simply just a way to mix the signals so you dont really need an external mixer or is there anything special about it? I guess using DN as a sort of effects processor?