Hey Elektronauts, liking DT, my 1st Elektron

You can add DN’s effects to the DT including the Master Distortion (good in small doses). Hook them up via Midi to keep them in sync and yep they make a lovely combo without a mixer.

DN can apply chorus to inputs live?!

YES! Just Fn+ LFO to enter the master menu and turn the inputs up and then add Fx as you see fit

i don’t have one but i have DT, OT and a Blofeld Keys whose famous quirks (faulty encoders, upside down midi ports, no ability to sync midi despite explicit menu option…) are starting to wear thin. considering DN as replacement

2 Likes

Digitone next for sure :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Congrats!

I got a Digitone first. But once I learned the elektron flow, the price tag makes complete sense. Feels like an actual instrument somehow.

Then realized I needed boombaps and stuff.

What a lovely pair! The DT is really fun…

2 Likes

Welcome! I purchased a TR8-S and a Digitakt at the same time (tax refund/present to self for quitting smoking for a year) and I almost ditched the DT because the Roland was so hands-on accessible straight out of the box. I’m unbelievably glad that I gave it the time it needed to be understood. I’ve had it for almost 2 years now and still feel like I’m scratching the surface. I’ve got my muscle memory up and when playing it I know how to get to what I want to do in a few motions. I bought a Digitone to go with it and I remember that when I had them synced and running together for the first time, I had the feeling of standing on the edge of a great height without knowing the extent of the depth and stepping off.
I’m still falling and it is absolutely amazing.
I will have these instruments for the rest of my life.
I will probably look into acquiring an Octatrack at some point but I’m not in any real rush. These two instruments are so vast and capable of so much.
I am so happy that I stuck with the Digitakt. I sold the Roland and have zero regrets.
The experience I get from making music with these machines is so unique. I fucking love it.

3 Likes

Yea that cliff feeling. I totally get it. Once I understood the sequencer and paired my DT with my DN for the first time (just got my DT today actually…) I was floored. Feels like I am a kid all over again. never been quite so pumped!

2 Likes

I give this advice to you as well as to the OP.

The Digitakt is COMPLETELY different from the OT as Ess has said since the uproar over the Digitakt announcement. Both are samplers, but with a catalog like Elektron’s- changing the approach is enough to put each on a different level. So please to both you and the OP, don’t think of the OT as the upgraded and more fully featured DT. It very much isn’t.

I’ve got two stacks of instruments- an A4(mk1), OT(mk1) and MD(mk2) in one stack and a DN and DT in the second stack- the instruments I return to the most are the DN and DT- whoever came up with the Digi series idea is f**king brilliant because the machines are darn near perfect machines.

5 Likes

Heard, for sure. What with the way these two instruments changed my life, I’m in no real hurry to go anywhere else. I like the cross fader on the OT, and scenes etc… but I’m ultimately happy, extremely happy even, with this DT/DN combo.

2 Likes

I’d say the same about ALL Elektron machines, and I kind of feel sorry for those people that, for whatever reason, don’t gel with Elektron gear. In a long time of being into electronic music really I have found no other gear that brings me the same kind of satisfaction, you can tell that it is made by true enthusiasts, quite lovely really.

6 Likes

Last night I decided to try out overbridge. It’s cool but as I’ve only got the ableton lite 8 track version I’m quite limited as to what I can do.

Unfortunately as soon as I saw the ableton UI I got the familiar bad feeling I’ve had making music for the past years, I tried to make things work (separated the kick/bass from the other tracks to process separately) but felt like all creativity just evaporated.

I’m going to avoid the computer all together I think for the foreseeable future! Maybe VCV rack will be a better match down the line, I’ll need to purchase the plugin host I imagine?

Either way, I’m sure everything I need atm can be done in the DT itself without every booting up the PC again :smiley:

1 Like

…it’s all digital…and jup, chaining them audiowise is only to keep it compact without an additional external mixer…

a sampling engine plus a synthesis one, working hand in hand is all it really needs, end of the day…

1 Like