Have we lost focus as a company? (Meta lolz, please read thread before taking life seriously)

I dunno, the pocket operator modular systems they sold seemed like a good compromise of $ vs value

2 Likes

Hear hear!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a consultant that told them to charge £2k. It’s a classic management consultant move - “You’re adding features, so you should be monetising the value-add! It’s twice as much as it was, so it should cost twice as much!”

Completely ignoring that’s not how product development works. Imagine if each time Ford release a new car they charged twice as much because of the new features. A Fiesta would cost a million dollars and there’d be people saying “well they did add air conditioning…”

Ignoring of course that ‘fields’ are an industrial use of the land, not nature. Farmers hate nature.

When I was a boy this was all swamp!

OP-1 and pocket operators were their best products. The others not as much. Paying $1200 for a mixer is crazy unless one is wealthy and must have the ultra portable live mixer. I rarely play live and have a mixer, recorder and synths so paying $1200 for the TX-6 is overkill.

You lot are ruining this thread

8 Likes

Have you lost focus as an OP?

3 Likes

We made that pun earlier. You are losing focus as a replier.

2 Likes

There’s a reason that there’s no :irony emoji

What might that reason be?

Is there a :lostfocus one though?

No I have lost focus as a reader - I regained my focus as a replier and now I can’t stop pls hlp

1 Like

But if loopop did a review of the op-1 field is he just lucky or could anyone do it ?

It’s a joke before anyone kicks off !

4 Likes

If it’s flagged, or obvious, then it’s not as effective. Also if it’s too subtle. It’s a balancing act. And that inevitably means it won’t have the optimum effect on all listeners.

This response is way too intellectual for this thread.

For this whole forum, to be honest.

2 Likes

Ok just send me off to the intoxicated thread if I’m getting too obnoxious.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I can’t help being a contraian

In my humble and yet highly focused but also genius opinion - all musical instruments are simply too expensive for me right now, therefore they are stupid.

5 Likes

Fact: Most teenagers around here aren’t widely known for having a lot of focus, and don’t always necessarily have a sound awareness for the company they keep either.

Teenage Engineering is a lifestyle brand. They know their customers and they do a great job of catering to them on a cultural level. It’s high-brow, boutique design in the same way that certain fashion or furniture companies might operate, for example.

I personally don’t buy into it (I’m not in their target demo) and it’s certainly polarising within the pro-audio industry as most other products in this space are more intended to be tools, and are priced for their quality and features.

TE products are priced for a combination of quality, features, and lifestyle/brand value, which is basically worth whatever they say it is. They’re the Supreme of the synth world.

3 Likes

Why are you all taking this thread so seriously?

8 Likes

because irony is dead

2 Likes