Harmonix - Digitone iOS App

It only uses CCs / NRPNs / and Program Changes to communicate…I usually have my DN connected to my iMac and then I route the iPad’s Network MIDI Port to the iMac / DN…you can connect it directly as well. I don’t use OverBridge, but I guess in that case you would need to route the MIDI through the VST?

At the end of the day, the app shows you all available MIDI Input / Output ports detected. It’s up to you to route to / from the DN in whatever configuration you have.

1 Like

Yes I can try this right now…although I ill rush to buy an Ipad adapter for the usb to lightning as I guess it is the best for latency?

I use both WIFI and the adapter for all of my apps…I can’t really tell a difference in latency. Over WIFI, the DN responds immediately here.

1 Like

Thanks, good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are not connected to the DN directly, then you want to select Network…then, using macOS’s Audio MIDI Setup app, you can directly route the Network MIDI to / from the DN…you could also just use your DAW to intercept Network MIDI Data and route it wherever.

The upper right Help Menu details the required settings on the DN

Managed so far using RTP midi for the network on my Win 7 64 BUT I can only use T1 on the App for settings sounds and transfer, when I click on T2-3 or 4 it keep playing T1 even IF I switch on the track desired other than T1 on the DT, were am I wrong?

1. Make sure your DN settings are what is required (top right help menu), and the MIDI Channels for each Track on the hardware match the Channels in the app (MIDI menu)
  2. In Harmonix, select the Track you want to affect on the left (It should highlight in Gold)
  3. On the right, make sure the ALL toggle is OFF (else, all Tracks are affected), and hit Pad
  4. That selected Track should get a randomized Pad sound

The DN doesn’t send info on what Track is currently selected on the hardware, nor can you change the currently selected Track externally. There is no relation between the selected Track in the app and the selected Track on the hardware.

2 Likes

Update Out:

• Added “Chaos” Sound Type
  • Updated Help Menu
  • Minor UI Changes

Edit: I uploaded the wrong version to Apple, will fix soon…the one on the App Store has unfinished Sysex Send / Receive functions.

1 Like

Thanks! Please reply when the fixed update is live; I won’t update until then. Thanks for a great addition to the digitone.

Update Out:

• Removed the broken Sysex functions
  • Minor UI Changes

I finished decoding the Kit sysex, so the next update will allow you to sync from the DN to the app. Following that, I will implement the UI for all of the Sound Modulations (Velocity, Aftertouch, etc).

3 Likes

Brilliant! Updated! Thank you!

Off topic, but don’t suppose there’s any chance you’re working on or know if it’s even possible to code an iOS app like the Elektron Transfers Desktop App to send audio files to the Digitakt via USB. (…don’t get me started on not being able to stream audio over USB to/from iOS…it drives me nuts that it isn’t plain old class compliant audio…)

There’s an old abandoned Digitakt transfer app in the App Store but nothing recent. Currently I airdrop files to my iMac, then transfer them to my DT via USB; it’s the only music related thing I use my desktop for these days, and I don’t have or want a laptop! (…just a thought since very few folks are working on iOS/Elektron solutions! I can’t thank you enough for this Digitone gem you’ve built!)

Update Out:

• You can now receive the Current Kit from the Digitone
  • Sending to the Digitone will now utilize the Kit Sysex when possible
  • Added ability to control the new Ratio Offsets
  • Added Sound Design function “Offsets”
  • Improved “Pitch Drift”, “LFO Pan”, & “Filt LFO” functions
  • Save / Load now saves the Kit, which includes the MFX
  • Minor UI Changes

I don’t own a Digitakt, so file transfer is not on my radar ;[

4 Likes

Update Out:

• Fixed a bug that would cause invalid LFO Destinations

Turns out you can access some unapproved LFO Destinations like Filter Type :astonished:

2 Likes

:astonished:” is right!

It was too clicky to be useful

1 Like

“too clicky” even for experimental sounds?

Well I’m sure it has it’s uses, but I don’t like populating the sysex with weird values as you never know if it will break something in the future or cause problems :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I have no clue how you’re doing your wizardry over there, and I trust whatever you implement.

lol. i can barely remember to save before I control all. i don’t know how you do what you do.

… (or @mzero or @Rusty) … y’all are a crazy cool breed.

Update Out:

• You can now view and affect Sound Modulations (PitchBend, Velocity, Mod Wheel, Breathe & Aftertouch)
  • Added option “Randomize Mods With Sound Types”
3 Likes

Update Out:

• Added option “Incoming Note to Breathe”, which transforms the last played Note to an outgoing Breathe CC
  • Added option “Pass Through Mod Wheel CC”
  • Added option “Pass Through Breathe CC”
  • Improved Modulation Randomization
  • Bug Fix: when controlling the Pitch Bend with the horizontal slider, the value would not reset
  • Minor UI Updates
3 Likes