šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

Not looking good for meā€¦ Iā€™m trying but Iā€™ve had next to no time on it.

2 Likes

Lets say midnight local time and Iā€™ll call for a vote on the 31st. I doubt anyone will complain if youā€™re 4 or 5 hours late though. Most are pretty agreeable around here. :wink:

3 Likes

Mine was chopping along nicely until last night, when a late night session on the lemsip turned it into a bit of a techno banger. :blush:
I think itā€™s gonna be a late night tonight getting it to at least resemble the appropriate genre.

2 Likes

Come on @finalform, you got this. Go university finals style if you need to!

3 Likes

Donā€™t scrap the techno banger. I want to hear that one too.

2 Likes

Donā€™t get excited, it isnā€™t very good.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what Lemsip does to you! Sounds great while youā€™re on it!

2 Likes

I procrastinatedā€¦did 2 other battles this month (I get too excited & cant turn them down). Thinkin I had plenty of time for this 1 then the due date snuck up on me.
I got 2 ideas in the worksā€¦might do a double featureā€¦just wish I spent more time on them, but Iā€™ll finish it up tomorrow night & Iā€™ll post whatever I have done.
A lot of tracks submitted, thats awesome! Cant wait to listen :sunglasses::ghost::jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

I think if people have some type of song / track that is even close to done, upload it! Even if itā€™s outside the genre. I had next to no time to work on my track and then Red Dead Redemption 2 took over, but Iā€™m still gonna upload by tomorrow. Not my best work ,but oh well :grin:

2 Likes

@Cepheid, I agree. Letā€™s hear whatever you did , even if you feel it isnā€™t as on point genre wise, or isnā€™t complete, etc.

@Sharris, good luck.

Iā€™m pleased to see that so many tracks were submitted.

1 Like

hereā€™s mine, havenā€™t had much time to work on it, hopefully itā€™s enjoyable :smiley_cat:

8 Likes

@guga, excellent! Can you tell us a bit about how you produced your track? Did I hear guitar and bass?

yep, should have added that to the previous postā€¦
i used the OT to sequence two sounds coming from the Blofeld, played one more sound from it using a MIDI keyboard, the AR takes care of the drums and for lack of a bass guitar, i used only an electric guitar instead :smile_cat: all recorded in a DAW where i added some compression/FX

2 Likes

ā€¦and thanks, iā€™m glad you liked it :smiley:

1 Like

This has been a fun challenge. Never done one before, but look forward to doing it again sometime. Lots of great submissions!

2 Likes

Yeah it was fun with all the nice synth sounds all over the movie. Not scary or halloweenish but very 80ish

2 Likes

Iā€™ll compile the entire list of tracks tonight (hoping a couple more are inbound) into a single message and we call for a vote tomorrow.

Iā€™ll have my track done & posted tonight before 11pm WA time, hopefully earlier.

4 Likes

Iā€™m about to record mine. Itā€™s going to be done live on the living room floor into my laptop, so will likely be mixed and ā€œmasteredā€ to Lars Ulrich standards circa 1988.
I currently have no idea whatā€™s going to happen, the finished track will be about 50% improvisation and 50% incompetence.

I regret nothing.

6 Likes

:joy: I canā€™t wait to hear it.