šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

Itā€™s actually a tournament, there are like 20 of us, it will go on for MONTHS & the lineup has already been decided BUTā€¦with these tournaments people always drop out & people always want to join in a little late, so itā€™s def worth checking outā€¦ there is a good chance you could get squeezed in.

Hereā€™s the link, we had to pick a wrestler for our character & the first beat mission is making a beat using our wrestlers entrance music.

http://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25912

Check out the arena in sp-forums for other battles. Sp Arena:
http://sp-forums.com/viewforum.php?f=15
1 battle is just finishing up (voting is almost done), so there will be a new 1 starting any day now. They have battles pretty much every week. Great peopleā€¦great vibesā€¦ itā€™s all about having fun & learning your sp.
If you are not a member & need the secret password, send me a message, I gotchyou :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Here is my submission. Somebody wrote and said we should finish our projects (Umonox?) . I couldnĀ“t agree more, though my Digitakt-projects rarely seem to leave the box. This time I just put it out there.
I really liked this theme in the song, so I played around with it on the a4 and the digitakt. Used some samples from the film + drum samples and recorded my vocal pad through my internal Mac-microphone (!) because I didnĀ“t have access to my regular studio.

8 Likes

Also, I think this is my first post, although IĀ“ve been here a while. I really learned a lot from you guys for some years now.
Hello people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

welcome :v:t2:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful track youā€™ve put together there @jete. I want to encourage you to share more with us as you finish them. I want to revisit the comment made by @J0n35y regarding the idea that these tracks would make for a great playlist; this is playlist worthy for sure IMHO.

Welcome to the shop.

:fire: :diddly:

3 Likes

made another one, this time at 130bpm

4 Likes

Alrighty. I just recorded this track again but this time I used my MV-8000 as a DAW (1st time doing so) and I used the arranger in the OT (1st time doing so). I ran a HPF on the kick drums because they were too boomy. I added some over the top wow and flutter to the mix, courtesy of the MV. Iā€™m channeling that pawn shop overused VHS tape character. Remastered to sound worse.

12 Likes

That is fantastic!!! Seriously good

1 Like

I also like this new versionā€¦ the mastering adds to the atmosphere

1 Like

as others wrote about their process, i will also share how I did it for both tracks:

roughly cut samples in ableton, than via transfer app into rytm mk1 (no one shots - longer parts, cutting them up in rytm later)

made some sounds and saved them to the pool, using just samples, no synth engines (some filter resonance)

just jamming out kits, patterns and ideas

used trig conditions, soundlocks, fills, performance macros, slide trigs (for example the intro vocal in the second song is just a trig at the beginning and than later a trigless trig with higher tuning of the sample, connected smoothly with the slide trig)

its a really intuitive and focused workflow with just one box

then i recorded the stereo out into ableton (cheap behringer 2ch. interface) in one live take (no song mode)

slight eq before exporting to wav, used comp in rytm, have no real mastering skills :wink:

4 Likes

Weā€™ve got 7 days left until our deadline.

3 Likes

Donā€™t remind me, Iā€™m nowhere near doneā€¦

That said, I am enjoying it.

3 Likes

Samples from the trailer are allowed?

1 Like

Why yes, of course.

1 Like

Are there stereo versions?
I heard only mono on YouTubeā€¦

1 Like

https://youtu.be/17m4KABIVvk

My contribution is at the above link (YouTube video). I used the Digitakt for sampling and Ableton Live 9 to put the song/track together. I sampled sound from the movie and my favorite song by Tangerine Dream - ā€œCloudburst Flight.ā€ The drums, violin, and bass are from cinematic loops used in Ableton Live. I am new to Elektron equipment, and this is the first piece I have created with them (I own the Digitone and the Digitakt). Happy Halloween everybody!

8 Likes

Extra points for the video!

I live that scene when the shit his the fan art the end. Those fireballs are ridiculous.

3 Likes

@Sherelle, excellent!

Itā€™s really cool to see that we had a couple of people use their Elektron boxes for their inaugural track.

1 Like

Weā€™re down to the final 2 days so hopefully everyone is busy putting the final polish on their tracks.

:ghost:

:spider:

:jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Greenwich time? :slight_smile:
We won 1 hour yesterday in france, but US time would be better!

No sequence yet, Iā€™ve only 19 slices, from the sample of that trailer :

2 Likes