šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

:joy: a potent mix!

2 Likes

Rightā€¦

It went a bit electro, but I couldnā€™t think of a decent intro. Then I saw Ross from Friends on the telly (heā€™s not been busy lately) and I got him to bash out one of his keyboard specials and tacked it on to the start.

Pukka.

Excuse mode Consider this a demo, as I recorded it in the lounge in one take with only a handful of samples loaded into my Digitakt and little idea where I was going with it. The beat is from a TR-8 (the clap and snare routed through a polara reverb pedal) and the bass is from the Digitone and a TB-03 because I can.
I recorded it into a stereo track in Ableton with a bit of limiting and compression on the stereo buss.
I havenā€™t even listened to it before posting.

Whereā€™s my prize?

Edit: apologies for not even getting close to the mission brief. Iā€™ll do better next time.

8 Likes

Phewā€¦11 PM here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only 1 sample from the trailer, loaded in Octatrack, 19 slices, randomized, 1 bar pattern, crossfader only for sound changes.
One take, recorded in Octatrack.

Thanks @konputa , it was very interesting !

I didnā€™t want to use the narratorā€™s voice, not supposed to be in the movie, so nothing much left ! :smile:
12 Likes

Hell yeah, @Fin25! When that beat kicks in with the stabs :star_struck: .

Again, the screenshot for the track is perfect.

1 Like

I think this is my favourite.

2 Likes

Beautiful work @sezare56. Yours ranks as the most mental so far. Enjoy a glass of wine, you earned it.

1 Like

These last two are golden! Love em!

3 Likes

enjoyed all the tracks posted so far (thereā€™s still some time left for others :smiley: ) ā€¦would be nice to have a playlist or something similar :headphones:

2 Likes

this is nice @sezare56 :alien:

2 Likes

2 hour deadline pressure jam :zonked:: Roland D-110 with some pads and drums, MD on synth, snare, Rytm on kick, break and gong, EH45000 looping shit from the roland, some fx from rsd10 and sp505
recorded to cassette
edited in a rush in live

i might enjoy stoking a bonfire whilst listening to all the tracks on friday (a post to hear them all together would be just great)

9 Likes

OMG. A Roland D-110 is perfect for this challenge! I canā€™t wait to check it out.

Absolutely. I will do just that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s terrificā€¦love it!

1 Like

Damn internet goes down on the very evening I had planned to finish this:roll_eyes:
Using my mobile to upload the track to YouTube (because the SoundCloud app doesnā€™t have that feature, and the file surpassed this forumā€™s attachment limit), I finally got round to it. Couldnā€™t resist doing a fun video once I had Movie Maker open.
DT, M32, Micromonsta, Lexicon MX300 & Joyo od pedal. Itā€™s quite unrehearsed as are most of my track.
Not sure youā€™ll enjoy it as much as I have making the track and video hehe. Thanks so much for the challenge :+1:t2:

10 Likes

Big up yourself mightlife. I like that a lot.

2 Likes

Same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@waftlord & @mightlife great job on the tracks!

waftlord, I couldnā€™t find your track on soundcloud for some reason. Iā€™d like to like it and resend it to my followers, is it marked private or something???

This is exciting to see them still coming in. Iā€™m going to enjoy listening to all of these from start to finish.

1 Like

Arenā€™t we all just the best! (Yes, in case anyone was wondering:sunglasses:)
What would 'nauts be without us hehe.

@konputa youā€™ve got your work cut out for you!

1 Like

@mightlife, btw, that is epic of you to resort to a mobile upload due to the internet outage.

2 Likes

Cinematic double feature - All sounds come from Firestarter except drums. Sp404sx, Maschine Mk3, Analog Heat (only Elektron I have :confused: Mostly made in 404sx, but ran out of time, used Mk3 to speed things up today after work. 130 bpmā€¦ vinyl sim over top to give it an older sound.

14 Likes

@Sharris, wow, that vibe. Loving the way you played with the stereo sound stage using instrumentation that reminds one of flutes with trip hop Tuvan throat singing. Catchy as hell.

2 Likes