šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

Awesome job!
At a gig, but will listen under better conditions ASAP!

1 Like

Working on this:

9 Likes

It comes as a bit of a surprise to me how so many of these tracks have a dreamy feel to them.

I like where youā€™re going with this @mightlife.

2 Likes

@nionmu I really like the beat.:drum:

3 Likes

We have 12 days to go.

Is anyone else in the process of finishing a track that hasnā€™t been submitted yet?

Here is Stephen Kingā€™s home in Maine, USA. Not seen in the photo are the spiders and whatnot on the gate and iron fence around his home.

1 Like

I amā€¦but I admit I havenā€™t started yetā€¦ so far I just sampled the soundtrack.

Iā€™m working on an sp-forums battle beat now, which is due 10/22, once Iā€™m done with that Iā€™m going to work on this one.

Iā€™m for sure submitting a beat, going to start working on it this weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to put something together but two jobs and a seven month old are conspiring against me.
I might have something in a week or so but it will be shit.

2 Likes

@Fin25 and @Sharris, best of luck.

Mine came together pretty quickly once I got the movie sampled, hopefully yours will as well.

1 Like

I think it will, the sounds from the movie are great, very inspiring!

2 Likes

hey @konputa, i have and old soundcloud accountā€¦with music more oldā€¦

2 Likes

Tangential Halloween thought:
I used to be super into Phish when I was youngerā€¦ Not so much anymore but anywayā€¦
On Halloween they would put on a ā€œmusical costumeā€ and cover an entire classic albumā€¦ Examples: The White Album, Quadrophenia , Loaded, Remain in lightā€¦
I like the idea of a band dressing up as another bandā€¦ :smiley:

3 Likes

@Open_Mike, are you doing a track for this?

Ahhhhhā€¦
Havenā€™t had a place to setup for a bit nowā€¦ Hopefully that will change soon.

1 Like

Is this being judged? (as in a winner)
Or is this just for fun, keeping us creative.

2 Likes

I did it just for fun, good exercise for me to make some synthwave and do something different. The requirements make it entertaining.

2 Likes

Yeah just for fun though Iā€™m happy to take feedback to help with future efforts!

I like these for making me focus and finish stuff. And because Iā€™m down in London for a weekend of getting stinking drunk and NFL I really had to knuckle down this time to get it done on schedule.

2 Likes

ā€¦working on itā€¦ :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers::hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

Yep, putting finishing touches to what I hinted at previously, but also altering the pattern to create A, B, C sections.
It has been aaaages since I have worked with samples in this way and it seems that things are coming together quite well. Itā€™s great fun on the DT and the way the challenge forces you to be creative has helped!

2 Likes

I think I need to ā€œstudyā€ the genreā€™s a bit more. I admit 99% of what I make is hip hopā€¦the other 1% just happens, not sure what genre it would be under.

I took a break from the sp-battle beat & started working on this last nightā€¦ really liked where it was goingā€¦but it sounds like trip hop. So back to the drawing board.

I knew this was going to happen. But this is 1 reason I really want to do this challenge. & Iā€™m not gonna say screw it & just make a hip hop or trip hop beat. Iā€™m going to really try to make something that is synthwave, vaporwave or cinematic. I believe in myself! :blush:

6 Likes

Could I get a link to the sp404 challenge? Id like to check it out and maybe participate in that one too.

1 Like