Guilty (music) Pleasures

Ha! No, you goof! I meant Johnny Lee Hooker. You gave me a good laugh at myself for not being too clear.

1 Like

Well, since this thread has already been Rick-rolled

2 Likes

since i dived into music theory, there’s no guilty pleasures for me anymore.
if something’s done and works well, i have to do some research, period.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Now imagine me doing the „Robot“ move on the dancefloor after to much booze :sunglasses:

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Give me melodic chords, structure and harmonies any day over single key arp heavy noodlings!

1 Like

Nostalgia for teenage years?
Bombastic production?
Can still recite every cringe-worthy line?

Yes!

Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel: “Descent Into The Inferno”.
At least it was meant to be funny.

2 Likes

I tend to agree and I’ve learned to appreciate a lot of music I wouldn’t have listened to a few years ago. Still, not everything ages equally well and sometimes songs lose their appeal to me when they’re played up and down in every student flatshare between here and Timbuktu.

3 Likes

I only like the beginning of this Super Discount “You” I heard at the radio

it remembering Indra, Paula Abdul
 and I like younger the straight up from Paula Abdul 

Etienne de CrĂ©cy’s follow up efforts to the original Super Discount and his album Tempovision were such a huge let down to me. Both of the above were part of the soundtrack of my formative years for such a long time and I keep going back every now and again, everything he did subsequently didn’t work for me at all.

1 Like

Yes but I would not post “Prix choc” or St-Germain “alabama blues (1965 version)” which are from my favorite tracks-albums ever in a guilty pleasure thread :slight_smile:

Fully agreed with you thought

2 Likes

I tried to explain that above. Yes, St. Germain was great at the time and in a way opened my ears for a whole new universe of music. Unfortunately, their stuff was so ubiquitous for a while, that it got damaged for me. I know, strange logic and probably a bit elitist, but once something has lost every last bit of obscurity, in my book it becomes material for the “Guilty Pleasures” thread.

1 Like

No reason to be embarrassed about that! Would have loved to catch Napalm Death back in their early days.

Haevn’t heard that, really interesting but I can totally see the thread there.

Here are a few that I haven’t been able to get enough of lately, or explain why

Originally heard this from a Hell Interface/Boards Of Canada remix going around that I really liked, and eventually just got into the original. Not as good as Trapped, but still really solid.
1 Like

In no particular cringy order:

1 Like

How could you embarrassed about liking Lords Of Acid? I’d be embarrassed not to
 Jethro Tull on the other hand
 :grimacing:

2 Likes

Them lyrics
 but cranked in a club at 3AM it didn’t matter :slight_smile:

And Tull/Anderson was the F*CKING MAN

2 Likes

It’s listening to tracks like these that make my wife think I’m a loser.

I don’t even feel guilty

2 Likes