Guilty (music) Pleasures

Among other things I used to run the first semi-regular soft rock dj night in Finland and in my mind there’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure. I love to listen to some AOR. We had a dresscode for those nights and it was ’Miami Vice’. It was very popular.

Sniff’n The Tears - Driver’s Seat,
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Tina Turner - Private Dancer
Mr. Mister - Kyrie

And so on. I’d be far more embarrassed listening to Manowar or Blind Guardian, but I’m not. I love that stuff too. Oiled muscles playing heavy metal, mmmmmh, good stuff.

6 Likes

LOVE IT! :+1:t6:

Banging

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

So great, a thread I‘ve been meaning to start for a long time:

3 Likes

Rock your body is a modern classic. Good call. Every now and again a song c9mes along that strikes out in a different direction production wise. This is one of those for me. Neptunes/Pharrell are in a different class.

1 Like

My fave from before they started looking for Linda… Scotland produced some great bands and artists in the 80s.

3 Likes

Dorfdisco Classic

1 Like

Talk Talk is a hell of a band. Try also spirit of eden, laughing stock, and Mark hollis solo album ( 1998 ) … As beth gibbons put it, there would be no Portishead without talk talk …

3 Likes
10 Likes

Here’s another one I’ve always really liked. Yeah, I’m a Paramore fan.

2 Likes

Ha ha! I have a fave paramore tune too!

2 Likes

Listening now!

1 Like

As a side note, when I was a personal trainer I was fortunate enough to have his son and wife as clients, when I was introduced to his father’s music.

2 Likes

THIS is so addictive and reminds me of so many memories of my childhood in the 90’s…

3 Likes

Great choice!

2 Likes

I feel the same way. If I like something then I like it and I usually have a good reason to do so.

Idk maybe if I liked reality TV that would be a guilty pleasure lol. But with music there’s no such thing…

2 Likes

thx :slight_smile:

Always had a soft spot for this

10 Likes

Ludovic Navarre?

1 Like