Guilty (music) Pleasures

Thought it might be enjoyable to share tracks that we love but might be embarrassed to admit liking. I got caught out today singing along to a Corrs song. Not yet prepared to out myself with that one, but I was also mocked (in a fun way) for playing the following track repeatedly. Enjoy (or not)

3 Likes

Love it. Memories of teenage years and synth lust…

7 Likes

Not particularly embarrassing but it’s not what you’d call MOR easy listening…it can be a bit angular but I like that! . The Early Tapes will be well known to bassists of a certain vintage…played to death around these parts.

4 Likes
1 Like

Actually quite enjoying ‘Shadows of the Night’

I keep thinking I’m seeing Nick Kwas pop up in this video.

8 Likes

Unsure if this is cringe or not. But I absolutely love this track.

12 Likes

^^ my first concert as teenager xD

Actually a 30 year old concert with 720p recording, very nice production.

7 Likes

Bit of a wild card here, but oddly enough reminds me of the Yu Yu Hakusho intro theme. It’s got that type of vibe. Also just kinda funny in general.

1 Like

I like this song. This is the first time I have seen the video.

saw Sheila E in Louisville a few years ago, just after Prince’s passing.

That lady WORKS to put on a show. So good.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I am so, so weak :joy: I’m embarrassed to be old enough to remember this video AND to know of Nick Kwas. My sisters used to rock this 12” maxi single.

Should I be embarrassed that I actually like this?

5 Likes

nothing to be the slightest bit embarrassed about listening to Talk Talk :slight_smile:

…( Garden of Eden one of my top albums I would take to deserted island)

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with Shelia E! She is a fucking sick timbalera! She is so amazing!

2 Likes

Not a guilty pleasure because I think it’s corny, I actually think that the song is amazing. Guilty pleasure because my friend/band mate was very into this song right before he committed suicide, so listening back to it not only takes me back to the time right after his death but speaks to me about how his mental state was and I feel guilty about not hearing him.

2 Likes

Not at all! It’s a banging tune. Just really awkward to recommend to people without seeming like a weirdo. Truth be told though it’s the only song they have like this which is a shame. The rest of that album is so-so.

1 Like

One of my gigs way back when was DJing cheesy music in pubs. I got too many, too many in my shelves to list. I got music thats so embarrassing to listen to, no teenagers would ever let me play in their prties hehehe! But okay heres one

later in the night I would drop a banger, something like this one maybe