Guilty (music) Pleasures

5 Likes

nothing to be the slightest bit embarrassed about listening to Talk Talk :slight_smile:

…( Garden of Eden one of my top albums I would take to deserted island)

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with Shelia E! She is a fucking sick timbalera! She is so amazing!

2 Likes

Not a guilty pleasure because I think it’s corny, I actually think that the song is amazing. Guilty pleasure because my friend/band mate was very into this song right before he committed suicide, so listening back to it not only takes me back to the time right after his death but speaks to me about how his mental state was and I feel guilty about not hearing him.

2 Likes

Not at all! It’s a banging tune. Just really awkward to recommend to people without seeming like a weirdo. Truth be told though it’s the only song they have like this which is a shame. The rest of that album is so-so.

1 Like

One of my gigs way back when was DJing cheesy music in pubs. I got too many, too many in my shelves to list. I got music thats so embarrassing to listen to, no teenagers would ever let me play in their prties hehehe! But okay heres one

later in the night I would drop a banger, something like this one maybe

Among other things I used to run the first semi-regular soft rock dj night in Finland and in my mind there’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure. I love to listen to some AOR. We had a dresscode for those nights and it was ’Miami Vice’. It was very popular.

Sniff’n The Tears - Driver’s Seat,
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Tina Turner - Private Dancer
Mr. Mister - Kyrie

And so on. I’d be far more embarrassed listening to Manowar or Blind Guardian, but I’m not. I love that stuff too. Oiled muscles playing heavy metal, mmmmmh, good stuff.

6 Likes

LOVE IT! :+1:t6:

Banging

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

So great, a thread I‘ve been meaning to start for a long time:

3 Likes

Rock your body is a modern classic. Good call. Every now and again a song c9mes along that strikes out in a different direction production wise. This is one of those for me. Neptunes/Pharrell are in a different class.

1 Like

My fave from before they started looking for Linda… Scotland produced some great bands and artists in the 80s.

3 Likes

Dorfdisco Classic

1 Like

Talk Talk is a hell of a band. Try also spirit of eden, laughing stock, and Mark hollis solo album ( 1998 ) … As beth gibbons put it, there would be no Portishead without talk talk …

3 Likes
10 Likes

Here’s another one I’ve always really liked. Yeah, I’m a Paramore fan.

2 Likes

Ha ha! I have a fave paramore tune too!

2 Likes

Listening now!

1 Like

As a side note, when I was a personal trainer I was fortunate enough to have his son and wife as clients, when I was introduced to his father’s music.

2 Likes