Gotharman

OK… I am now convinced i need the dual AND the trippple filter. :grin:

The purpose of the SP filter i had in mind was mostly for drum samples and the odd sampling.
A stereo sampler/drum-sample player with trippy sequencer, stereo SP filter and some Gotharman FX would be sweet. Maybe with a few pads or four (no LED!). Can i have that as well, please ? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s nuts. The thought keeps crossing my mind to get another Anamono so I can have more filters. I really want that SP filter to mess with drums as well. My budget is absolutely tapped though. He even mentioned an interest in creating an analog comb filter. If that happens, I’ll have no choice but to get another one.

fyi although the Anamono X has stereo outputs, it’s not capable of playing stereo samples. The Fuzion I have is capable of stereo sampling/playback though. You could always use two of the same sample though, one coming out each output; you can choose whether to play the left or right side of a stereo sample.

I’m in the same boat. Ordered Tubaz board for now but will feel bad about having Curtis filter out. Either another AnamonoX or hopefully some new box with more slots :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hmm… Looking more into Fuzion videos i am now thinking that maybe it could be an interesting choice as first entry. It may suit my (future) setup better. I have A4, Volca Fm and Heat and soon will try to sell my Rytm+Octa. The Fuzion could do drums and make it possible to write away from DAW. I could then add an anamono when familiar with Gotharman products if all goes as planned. Decisions…

Cool video someone created that shows a bit of how insane the Anamono X can get with sound design. I’ve been messing with the morph feature on mine lately, and my mind is just blown by the ridiculous sounds I’ve been getting morphing between different granulator and filter settings (I have five analog filters in series with feedback and distortion, and you can morph basically all the settings).

3 Likes

I can’t get enough of my Anamono X. I love this thing so much.

2 Likes

anAmoNoX played as monosynth with Linnstrument. Delay is some algorithm of Eventide H9. I think both, Curtis and Dual filters are used in this particular patch. Several parameters are mapped to velocity, pressure and Y axis of Linnstrument pads.

I made quite some Linnstrument tailored patches and realized that if I swap the filter (for Tubaz) I’ll loose/get different sound. Time to save up for another anAmoNoX :scream:

1 Like

I think this new Gotharman piece (duoSpaze) looks great. I’m really tempted by it because of its stereo inputs and cute size. This would be a lot of fun to use for sampling and mangling my cassette collection (in stereo!).

duoSpaze

1 Like

speaking of bad demos I was checkin out Gothermans latest bits of kit yesterday (I used to own a little deformer). man his new touchscreen demos are sooo bad, seems like he couldn’t give 2 sh1ts whether anyone buys his stuff, the maniac. :smile:

You definitely don’t want to judge Gotharman gear soley based on the demos he does; he has a more “industrial” aesthetic. Listen to something like this (at about the halfway point) to get a better idea of what his gear is capable of.

1 Like

Yeah I can see the appeal in his ghetto approach, but no way I’d buy one, especially at the crazy prices he asks

yep, you defo don’t want to judge em off his demos ain’t that the truth :smile:

1 Like

I love Gotharman, and highly respect his brilliant synth designs. I buy & sell a lot of my gear all the time, but the Anamono X has managed to survive the longest. There’s just nothing like it, and it sounds so damn good to me.

What an interesting machine!
Do you know if the music is one take or muktitrAck?
Any experience with lyra8? I’m looking for something odd and flexible for dronescape type stuff. Cheers

You must talking about the Gotharman Anamono X. Yeah, that’s just live on the machine while tweaking things. He has the same filters in his unit as I do too; one Trippple filter, and one Dual filter (I asked him).

I was interested in the Lyra for a bit, but I really do prefer the ability to save patches for complex devices like these.

I’ll investigate the gotharman a bit more. Lyra 8 is appealing but most demos are very similar, I like it but it’s about as nich as it gets. Cheers

The littledeformer 3 is available for pre-order here :
http://www.gotharman.dk/LD3.htm

The specs looks amazing with the new UI, 8 stereo voice, 2 filters per voice, 8 effect bus, … + some analog expansion to add CV in/out, analog filters, extra audio I/O …

It is definitively worth a look !

Was seriously torn between a Gotharman LD3 and the OT MK2. While visiting Perfect Circuit during a recent tour, I somewhat impulsively bought the OT.

Still gonna be keeping my eyes open though. His products are right up my alley

I ordered a LD3. I will post a review when I get it, probably in the next 2/3 weeks.
It is my first gotharman product, so I dont know really what to expect. But it look really great :wink:

4 Likes