Gotharman

Get ready for something unique concerning sound, UI and features. I’m sure you’ll be pleased. Looking forward to your review :crazy_face:

1 Like

hi all ,
here i am : a gotharman fan boy like you ! :grinning:
the LD3 looks awesome but as someone said in this thread , i am also almost “ done “ with hardware devices . the ld3 looks a pretty powerful machines since it associate the most powerful tools in the gotharman world : fx / modularity / huge analog sound/ crazy modulation matrix . but if I would buy one , it would add nothing for my set up .
i already have a XMINI / FUZION / and a LD2 with the crazy TUBE BOX distortion … just love the analog sound of the filters and distortion of these devices , so unique .

1 Like

Gotharman has a new approach to additional feature requests. People can donate money and if there’s enough interest in certain feature in 2 months time, they will be implemented. If the interest is low, donators will be refunded. Sort of user crowd funding.

I do admit that I want some features implemented hence this post :slight_smile:
And yes, I donated already.

Here’s example of PolySpaze request page:
http://www.gotharman.dk/polyspaze_feature_rq.htm

4 Likes

That’s interesting. Timestrech for LD3 would be killer. I have no funds before next month though.

Nice intro to version 3

1 Like

A question for LD3 users.
You have 16 parts , 8 voices. Each part can use 1 OCS.
Is it possible to layer parts to have more than one OSCs ?

Thanks

LD3 user here. I did not really understand your question. What’s the difference between using two parts simultaneously (one osc on each) or layering them ?
Do you mean that you want filters or fx settings to apply to both afterwards? If so there’s no easy way of doing this that I’m aware of.

I understand that you can trigger another part from a part : ex part 1 trigger part 2 (this is what i understand from the manual)

I was just wondering if someone could make a 2 or more OSCs patch using different parts and route those parts to a bus so they can use the same filter.

Yes exactly. There is no prerouted layering, but you can route anything by yourself.

Routing is very free and powerful.

Also any lfo can be used several times, so you can filter different parts with the same Lfo, or a reversed image of any lfo. Many funny things.

1 Like

So i just got my Anamonox and im blowed away by the sound !
Not sure about the workflow though but we’ll see about that in a couple of weeks.
Does anyone know if the LD3 share the same sound engine ? I know its only 1 OSC per parts but i assume it share the same code for OSCs, FX, etc ?

My guess is that Flemming is developing the same core for some years and comes with better UI and workflow with every box. Also each box gets slightly different and/or improved set of features and algorithms, different filter chips etc. But I’d say his sound remains. Strong raw digital oscillators, fat and fluid sounding filters - even the digital ones, crazy routing and modulation options. I still don’t get how he can code everything in assembler :crazy_face:
I’d say LD3 shares the OSC base and there will be probably more effects as he introduced some new since AMX.
Looking forward to your experience with AMX :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, Coding something like that in assembler ! The guy is some kind of genius, i mean he is alone :astonished:

I made a video exploring the LD3:

btw I’ll be giving away samples from this + future gear vids on my patreon

subscribe here: https://www.patreon.com/blushresponse

3 Likes

I’m very interested in an analog drum machine, that is more “traditional” than my Pulsar 23, and I’m very interested in Analog Rytm Mk2. I like the Elektron sequencer, but I’m kind of afraid of Rytm’s sound (alhtouhg it has sample capabilities) because of some opinions I’ve read here and there.

Spazedrum and LD3 seems to be very interesting, but I can’t compare them personally with AR. Has somebody tried them personally?

I’m interested in a deeper dive into the analog filters and the polyphonic capabilities of the polyspaze, mostly for ambient if anyone out there has explored this avenue that’s be great to hear!

Send Tuesday night machines a message he is very helpful when it comes to gotharman gear
Better still
Send an email to Flemming the creator himself.

Someone mentioned Gotharman stuff to me in another thread, so I started listening, and I am very impressed. The Spazedrum Black sounds great. I think it sounds better than the Pulsar and that new Perk thing from Erica synths.

Does anyone have experience with their stuff? The only thing that really matters to me: Are their machines a buggy mess that you have to wait 4 years for a firmware update, or do they handle their business the right way?

I just got a Gotharman Urano and my experience thus far is that the OS is very well written. I’ve had other boutique machines where the OS is a mess so I totally understand the worry. Flemming (the creator) seems extremely responsive and much of his passion seems to stem from using his machines himself, so I feel very positive about things.

I’d maybe look at the modwiggler page if you haven’t already Gotharman's SpazeDrum - MOD WIGGLER

2 Likes

Flemming of Gotharman is very much on the ball with updates and bug fixes

2 Likes

Honestly I bet I would own a few Gotharman devices if the UI and actual hardware layouts didn’t look so dang janky. I never anything but great stuff about them though. Can’t help but feel maybe his products are being held back a little just because of this side of things (as far as commercial success goes that is).