Gotharman

I done a mini EP a couple o years ago using the Little Deformer as the heart of the tunes.
Jamming into ableton on it and a couple o Volca’s, then a bit of embellishment inside live.
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Dude. That sounds great! Very cool!

Thanks brü :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so rad. I’m thinking of selling some things so I can get one of these to put a CEM3328 or Trippple filter into. I’m definitely a Gotharman fanboy.

1 Like

Jamming out with an ultra minimal lo-fi riff I made.

3 Likes

Consider me a fanboy too. Xmini is on my list as well. AnamonoX alone is simply not enough of Gotharman’s goodness. So far I’ve used AnamonoX as advanced modular mono synth but tried to use it as FX for Sonic Potions LXR, trigging envelopes of AMX by LXR trig outs and the results struck me. I’m in Nirvana but need more … what the hell :slight_smile: Another mono for two-handed Linnstrument split is the goal now. That Xmini looks pretty neat.

1 Like

Last day of the preorder discount I put in an order for a Xmini with CV and memory expansion, first time i bought new but this thing looks and sounds great, see how I get on with it as a stand alone grove box, cant wait until june!

2 Likes

You’re going to love it man. I wish I could come up with the $ for one along with the other pieces of gear I feel I need, but I couldn’t justify it considering I already own it’s bigger brother the Anamono X. I really like the grid layout of the sequencer; it looks much quicker than the one on the Anamono X. It looks a lot like the grid on my Gotharman Fuzion.

I finally got my Fuzion a couple of weeks ago. It’s taken a little while to get my head around it, and I am now very happy with it indeed. It turns out it’s perfectly possible to use it to make all kinds of music, not just grinding electronic grit… I thought as much but I couldn’t be sure until I had it in front of me. It is extremely fast and intuitive, and I finally have a straightforward sequencer / sampler / synthesiser / recorder that does its job without putting obstacles in my path. I will attempt to create the most easy-on-the-ear track possible and will post it, just to confound all those people who say that you’ll only like it if you’re into Throbbing Gristle.

2 Likes

Here’s a little riff I made on my Fuzion with some samples. This is what it sounds like after going through a couple compressors.

3 Likes

The Fuzion is such a fascinating instrument to me. It has this way of glitching out in a lot in interesting ways. The filters will start sputtering, and do the strangest things at certain settings. At first I was taken aback by this behavior, but I’ve found creative ways to use them as desirable effects.

The reverb is so primative, and is so easy to make sound terrible, but when it’s tweaked just right, within its narrow sweet spot, it does wonders on percussion for me. I don’t know what it is about the logic of these machines, but these types of challenges, that usually upset me, are really fun to explore and mess with.

I didn’t realize it right away, but the sequencer has a randomizer that can be assigned to a few things like the timing of the notes, effectively acting like the “humanizer” feature found on the Squarp Pyramid. God, I love this feature; I always apply a smidgen here and there to loosen things up a bit… always, on the hats.

I also really like the distortion algorithms on here; not because they sound analog or anything. They can sound brutal, but I find them very useful when used sparingly to give some edge to certain elements in the track.

The sound quality is crazy good too. You can tell only the best components were used; it has this really clear and punchy 3D sound that I like quite a bit. It sounds really really good to me.

There are so many quirks, glitches, and things that aren’t so great. I’ve been regularly communicating with Flemming about things I’ve been finding, and offering suggestions. It’s strange how accepting I am of how things are though, quirks and all. It’s just too unique and special imo.

2 Likes

Also, just wanted to mention how the Fuzion is as a polysynth. I like it quite a bit; having two filters with all the different models, the ability to set them up parallel or in series, along with a huge amount of control with regards to balancing all the mix levels of these gives a vast range of sonic potential. You can also go in, after making a patch, and tweak each voice independently to add even more nuanced movement. You can get really organic sounds.

He’s very receptive, and a genuinely very cool and humble guy. I can tell he keeps himself very busy. His output is unbelievable to me. He created an entirely new OS that can be uploaded to the Anamono X to turn it into a different/new machine, and he’s doing this all by himself in assembly language. Machine language is so difficult for me to grasp. I’m just so impressed.

I know he’s not going to get around to the Fuzion for awhile because he just released his new Anamono X mini, and is about to drop that OS to turn the Anamono X into a Deformer X. But I just let him know my findings for that one day when he eventually comes back to work on it again.

There some sort of strange language going on in the UI of his creations that reminds me of the language used to create it. I’m sounding weird right now, I know it. But there’s something really artistic to me in the design of the UI. It inspires me to feel like I want to rise to some sort of challenge; communicate in a special language.

1 Like

You know what they say; art can be inspiring.

1 Like

I am smitten it seems and about to sell some stuff to fund an anAmono X.

I want the SP filter and the other filter to complement my A4. Anyone have any recommendations in that regard?

So far I seem to gravitate towards the triple filter watching YouTube videos.

I’m interested in the SP and Tubaz filter too. I have an Anamono X with both the Dual and Trippple filters installed. I like them both, but if only choosing one, I’d recommend the Dual over the Trippple. I really like the feedback and distortion on the Dual filter quite a bit.

1 Like

Just to chime in on how cool Flemming is - I have a little deformer 2 that died on me - I emailed him and he asked me to post it over. Fixed it and sent it back like 2 days after he received it - astonishing turnaround given he’s a one man outfit, and it was no questions asked, very gracious.

5 Likes

Totally concur. I think of him as a friend.

1 Like