Gotharman

Woah… Only just became aware of this company. Anyone using this guy’s Fuzion or Deformer sequencer/synth/sampler workstations? Be cool to hear any user opinions. Spent way too much money on gear recently but these look really interesting for maybe someday… Wondering what build quality/customer support is like? I’ve never bought from a little company where you pay half in advance before etc…

1 Like

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/gotharmans-little-deformer-2/291[/quote]
Thanks. Yeah I saw that thread already. Surprised there aren’t more threads/users out there…

I had a Little Deformer 2 for a while (had to sell it to fund other stuff)

Gotharman is a good guy. He makes completely wacky and great, unique things. They have loads of character.

After the final payment when the unit was completed, it was sent swiftly and arrived in pristine shape of course. Solid construction (albeit with a semi DIY feel, as expected)

Reeked of cigarette smoke. This is no joke, he has disclamers about this on his website. The LD2 smelled of cigarettes for a month.

Very nice in emails, and responds quickly.

Thumbs up for Gotharman. :+1:

6 Likes

I can’t believe I just impulsively bought one of these. I’m going to have to sell a bunch of really cool stuff now lol.

1 Like

This synth is the most amazing sounding synth I’ve ever played, and I’m only 30 minutes in.

4 Likes

Give us the two weeks after the honeymoon phase review too. Thanks

4 Likes

This thing sounds insane

I’ve spent a long time itching over a gotharman something; little deformer 2 or fuzion.
I see the little deformer 2 & expansions are coming to their end. :open_mouth:

How’s the build quality and display on it?
Was also interested till I saw a demo of the interface and display.
Looks really tacky, like its taken off some dodgy old 80’s arcade game.
It’s not a cheap unit, but has a real diy cheap look.
Presume that’s the appeal?
Seems to sound pretty cool though, but for the price I would expect more

LOL :smile:

That typeface is killing my eyes! But super interested in the anAmoNo but waiting for the docs to be written up first. Prints please write back with your impression of the thing!

1 Like

I’m so blown away by this. I’ve decided to sell a bunch of synths, and try to buy the Fuzion as well. This synth has clicked with me in a way that no other synth has. It took me hours to figure out the modularity of this unit, but it is so amazing. Gotharman is brilliant. This is the next level stuff I’ve been dreaming of.

2 Likes

For a long time I’m lurking at the little deformer2… bit expensive though, but very interesting…

the guy has clearly zero interest in aesthetics of design (cant speak to useability, efficiency, etc) - and generally a corp would have different teams to work on different aspects so the brainiac engineers can do their thing in peace and the stylish hipsters can do their thing in peace, etc.

one-man shows are already tough, and this guy is also going pretty far out of the mainstream to begin with… but i doubt its an “intentionally” rough look… just a natural consequence of his character, i bet

I really like the look and feel of the unit. It has no manual; I’ve been slowly unraveling the logic of the UI, and I’ve never had so much fun :grin: Give me some time, and I’ll post a demo. I can’t get over how good this sounds. I have two of the double filters in my unit. I don’t even know where to start. So much sweet, complex sound coming from this unit. Just read through the effects; everything can be modulated by everything. It’s insane. It’s so good.

3 Likes

Gotharman is a analog god that walk among mortals.

1 Like

Jee wiz remembered this thing was expensive but over 2000 euro with filters and cv seems insane.
May sound great but no way in hell I would pay that personally for a unit with that build quality.
Just checked specs and couldn’t see pacman, space invaders or donkey kong. Maybe a firmware update :thinking:
Expect more. Hard sell

Here’s the manual, that was just released yesterday, for anyone interested. I can’t stop playing with this thing instead of studying. It’s the most fascinating, wild, synth ever, and it’s worth every penny to me. My favorite purchase in years.

http://www.gotharman.dk/AnamonoX/Manual474/AnamonoX_UserManual_0474.pdf

1 Like

its pretty impressive but yeh too expensive for me…

i like the weird stuff too - ive been waiting on this one for a while:

http://nerdsynth.com/nerdsynth/