Gear hope and expectations 2022

And a Korg-SSL OPSIXSIX

Use any channel as a modulator or carrier!

I’m only like, 40% kidding about the Modwavestate. It would basically be the same concept as the Hydrasynth Deluxe, only instead of two of the same synth with split/layering functionality… two different synths with splits and layers. I think it could work!

2 Likes

P-lockable arp on a4 pls pls pls

2 Likes

New in 22 :

Analogue Solutions Fusebox X

Analogue Solutions has a brand new version of the Fusebox ready to go. You can read more about that on their web-site.

From their web-site:

Major Additions / Differences :

• Tri-phonic mode (3 note poly).
  • More Jacks! Some rocker switches replaces with jack socket for more patchability
  • The Interval Generator and Patternator pots replaced with precision type.
  • 440Hz tuner tone.
  • Interval Generator clock input - allows automatic transposition in a variety of ways.
  • Bar1 / Note0 trigger outputs - versatile alternative ways to trigger the Patternator and Interval Generator
  • Arpeggiator replaced with mini step sequencer.
  • Many internal performance tweaks.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Also for the Casio fans, they have a video tease for a vocoder. The cheese factor is enormous.

Perhaps this has been influenced by Rich Formidoni. A return of the Casio VA-10 ? Find out January 20th.

This is purely a pipe dream but I would love love love an Elektron mixer full with the Elektron sequencer and a plethora of effects. Something that could be used as a master sequencer, Final mixer and effects unit. You could do both basic mixing functionality with EQ, Compression, limiting etc and time based effects where all the parameters are lockable and recordable. It would have to be at least 8 channels, preferably 16 (or more).
Highly doubt that would happen this year or any year, especially if Elektron keep heading in the direction their heading with their machines becoming gear more towards the consumer market and away from experimental and niche.
But I can dream can’t I?

Other than that I’d like to see a true predecessor to both the Machinedrum and Monomachine.
But again I highly doubt it.

It would be nice to see more Eurorack manufacturers doing 3U stand alone racks.
I’ve been really into adding eurorack 3U at a time and being able to either integrate them into my main modular or use it as it’s own self contained thing.

2 Likes

DN update for F@×÷’$ sake !

5 Likes

THAT INCLUDES A FIX FOR THE PROGRAM CHANGE ISSUE WITH THE DIGI BOXES! I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL! I WILL SET UP A TENT AND BUILD A FARM AND TRAP ANIMALS TO SURVIVE! I WILL SHOUT IT FROM SUN UP UNTIL SUN DOWN! MY WIFE WILL LEAVE ME AND I WILL DIE ALONE STILL BEING UNABLE TO DO PROPER PATTERN CHANGES ON THE DIGI BOXES FROM OTHER ELEKTRON BOXES!

Apparently, the forum does not believe that this is a complete sentence. It is many complete sentences.

5 Likes

I’d be over the moon with the addition of a DT/DN style base width filter and one more LFO. The base width filter alone would be a game changer.

4 Likes

Hope but not expecting :upside_down_face:
An intellijel standalone Atlantis, with built in Metropolix Sequencer for half the price of respective modules + case

3 Likes

I would like to see a Botique mixer command center that would mix, provide power and be a MIDI master/interface for the Botiques. I like everything abought the Botiques except the interface. Bonus points if it will sequence the Botiques and have plenty of sequencer storage along with song mode.

1 Like

New in 22 :

So just a little more on that new Casio synth.

It’s called the Casio CT-S1000V, and it’s not a vocoder, it’s a vocal synth. So picture in your mind, that instead of samples, you have lyrics, that you can choose, and affect, and play. ( That’s still a little bit of a guess. ) Looks like 49 keys ? ADDED : A different photo, and it looks like 61 keys. ADDED : No it’s 49.

Here’s a picture to spur your imagination :

How good will it sound ? Is it polyphonic or monophonic ? Is it a real synth or more of a toy ? We should know in a little more than a week.

ADDED : I’ve started a thread for the S1000V.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Also likely coming up New in 22 :

Behringer says they’re about to start production of their Syncussion SY-1, a drum / percussion sound module. I posted about it over in this thread.

ADDED : I’ve started a thread for the Behringer Syncussion.

1 Like

I would like a JJOS2XL manual that I can make sense of.

1 Like

New in 22 :

KOE-M6 from AtomoSynth

A general purpose semi-modular that comes with its own box, but can also be Euroracked. A new version of their KOE but they’ve changed it all around.

Includes an analog oscillator with a square wave sub-oscillator, plus a DCO triggered with MIDI, a vactrol based filter, a simple LFO with CV, a random voltage modulator, an ADSR envelope, a loopable slope generator, and a delay effect with CV controllable delay time. It’s more than bare bones, but you still can wrap your arms around it, and be able to afford it, if you like the sound.

Available now.

https://www.atomosynth.net/KOE.html

https://pinelectronics.com/

I dont know. The Syntrx is much cheaper. Just had the email that its ready.

2 Likes

Just updates for the DN and AR 🥲 but will it ever happen?

3 Likes

New in 22 :

BlueARP HW arpeggiator from OMG

A hard-core multichannel arpeggiator in hardware. Like their software version with more features. Thread.

2 Likes

Meng Qi emailed his mailing list earlier today, he says —

Wingie2: they will be available in late Feb.

Wing Pinger : the latest batch is in production and will be available approximately in March or April.

Also, a new instrument is on the Horizon based on a very important collaboration.

Exciting news!

1 Like

You can have it in white too (@DonovanDwyer), I think.

1 Like

Oooooh nice.

1 Like

There have already been some Drumlogue mentions, but I’m also hoping Korg can release that Wavestate SE. I’ve been following Wavestate for some time, even played it in stores a few times and I just love the sound but the flimsy keys on the current version are just not comfortable. I hope the chip shortage or whatever doesn’t hold things up much further.