Gear hope and expectations 2022

Drumlogue (my bet is on “Logarithm” :grinning:) would be very cool, but this is what I really want from Korg:

Take the XD/Prologue/NTS-1 engine and put it (maybe two of it) in the form factor of the Monologue. Day-one purchase for me, and probably a few others.

1 Like

While I’m inventing things I want from my favorite hardware manufacturers… Here’s what I would love to see from Elektron.

Model:Keys. Basically the DSP and design language from the Model series, but with a decent mini-key keyboard and a slightly different focus. Unlike the DN Keys, this wouldn’t be a direct adaptation of either the M:S or M:C, but something in a similar vein. Maybe wavetable? I’d love to see Elektron come up with some “machines” based on other synthesis methods.

I’m hoping I can find some sort of alchemy with this MPC1000 and these Moog synths. That’s all I want.

1 Like

• Korg Wavestate and Opsix desktop modules
• NI Maschine+ support for non-class compliant USB audio interfaces
• NI Maschine+ MIDI note out delay compensation for audio processing latency
• NI Maschine+ GUI improvement on synth instruments/Reaktor/FM8/etc parameters
• Toraiz Squid pattern limit extended to 8 bars
• Elektron Digitone volume page with transient shaper, bit rate reduction, sample rate reduction, compressor/gate with sidechain input
• Elektron Digitone pattern direct start, direct jump, temp jump modes
• Elektron direct start and jump follow pattern swing value
• OTO Machines stereo processor with envelope following, ring mod, FM, subharmonic generation, downsampling…like a Filterbank + Biscuit + Heat + Boum
• Jomox CV triggered sample playback module for the best lo-fi punchy samples on the market

3 Likes

I would like to see Behringer produce a really comprehensive stereo analog phaser like Moog MF103 but with multiple stage configurations, midi control and patch memory, Hoping Retrokits RK008 comes out soon and that Behringer get the long-promised Pro-800 into production and that the AR2 gets one last update which addresses some of the main issues.
Hoping Syntakt becomes a reality.
Hoping that I can better myself, improve my relationships with others and create the best music I can. Also hoping to collaborate with other people musically as I have been doing it alone for too long.

5 Likes

Midnight, December 31, 2021:

Girts sets his beverage down with a heavy thud. An unprintable phrase is uttered as he considers the impact of world events, cutting short the production of his beloved Syntrx. But then the edges of his mouth curl slightly as an idea occurs. He hits the double button on his espresso machine while clearing space for coffee and his design notebook.

He pauses for a moment to think: What is the proper name for an Erica interpretation of the ARP 2500?

1 Like

Even though I just bought an analog clone…less analog synths, less clones, more digital/wavetable/FM. Hybrid is cool as well. Or a sampler that does something really different.

edit: also more affordable utility devices for small studios like the 1010 Bluebox, we are spoiled for choice as far as things make noise or change the noises we make (fx), I want more practical stuff. It isn’t as much “fun” but it makes life in the studio easier.

2 Likes

oto filterbank would be dope

ds-80 from Behringer

syntakt

that new soma digital polysynth they were teasing

opsix desktop module would rule

polyphonic pro 3 or just some sort of take-5 firmware update

tiptop buchla modules

miso cornflakes

softpop 2

everything that would exist right now if it werent for these ridiculous supply chain issues

2 Likes

whereas I am also patiently waiting for osmose to release, I am also deeply hoping that Iftar and Olaf from skinnerbox finally release the hardware-device they’ve been speaking about since a year or somewhat…
A hardware time&timbre or generally performance orientated hardware made by these two would be something i’d love to look into

1 Like

OP-Z module and firmware

I think a multiple outs module with assignable outs to split drums, synths etc would be fantastic. There is a green module on the way and Internet sleuths think it has midi out and line in for sampling and maybe something else… let’s see, hopefully it is released soon and hopefully more modules follow.

Long standing firmware requests remain:
• Step components on non-drum/synth tracks.
• Not losing step resolution by increasing step count / being able to see different ‘pages’ of steps
• Copy notes between tracks
• An EQ on each track
• An extra LFO, and more destinations such as using LFO to mod ADSR, pitch, effect send
• Deeper synth editing
• More synth engines? Although I’d rather just deeper control over fewer.
• Simpler sampling so you can add sounds one by one to a sample set. Currently I think the sampling workflow for drum/sample track is limited by this.
• More storage for synth engines samples?
• Multisampling rather than just pitching down?
• Multiple outs over USB? Is that possible?

Microfreak
Would be amazing if this could be bi-timbral! Is that even possible? (I am developing an obsession with synths being multi-timbral)

Additional Bi/multi-timbral synth
Because I’m not 100% happy with the OP-Z synth engines I’m looking for another synth to bolster the sounds. I already have a Micromonsta 2, but need another bi-timbral to fully cover the OP-Z synth tracks. Top contenders are currently either Circuit Tracks or Roland JX-08. Compactness and portability is a big bonus.

Blackbox
If I’m not happy with OP-Z sampling then this might be an option. I am quite drawn in by the granular and looping options too.

Bluebox
I have a cheap wharfedale mixer which sounds fine and has enough inputs, but it is chunky and the USB out only does a stereo, not multi-out. I listen back to stuff after recording and wish I could tweak levels or EQ. So the bluebox would be 5 times the price, but save on space, save on time re-recording, and save on time on a laptop.

Model:Cycles
Major GAS for this right now.

2022 is an inflection point for my setup. Do I stick with OP-Z as the brain and add that “final” synth? Do I need to upgrade the brain to a digitakt or MPC? Or would a Circuit Tracks be the sweet spot between decent synth and sequencer and do more with less? The possible permutations with synths/samplers adds another layer of mind-boggle. None of this is approved by the wife! Let’s see what 2022 brings…

Spoke to Nord recently. They have something coming and i can guess what. They sound really excited about it, Other than that Dreadbox Abyss Mk2 sounds very appealing. Still waiting for my Cirklon and Buchla Music Easel yet to be released. Should be April for those.

4 Likes

What are you guessing for Nord, if it is OK to say.

1 Like

Here’s hoping it’s an ND4

2 Likes

A new Nord lead.

8 Likes

no more gear shortage due to supply chain issues and the end of covid. I want a few modules that are never in stock like Knobula Poly Cinematic and Xaoc Devics Hrad.

2 Likes

I hope the TE-02 spacecase comes to fruition next year, if not I think sadly that it will likely be a dead project.

I want the OT to get the DT sample page with the wave view and ability to plock the start, end, and position.

2 Likes

I dream of a Rytm with CV outs like the Analog 4. That would make it super easy to clock with my modular gear. MIDI is a pain to deal with modular and non analogue gear.

I expect Behringer BCR32 to be released. It will cost $150. It will not be impacted at all by supply chain disruptions and will be available in ample quantities at every major retailer.

2 Likes

All right guys, hear me out…

Korg Modwavestate.

4 Likes