Gear hope and expectations 2022

A module version of the Korg Opsix.

13 Likes

:joy:

Maybe.
More likely is the SE version of the Wavestate, and then Opsix and Modwave.

1 Like

There’s so much existing cool stuff that I’d be curious to have/try. More than I could afford in a year (or ten). Zero need for new stuff.

I’d love to get a Rytm update with the obvious additions.

I’ll probably buy a couple of things next year that are already out now.

1 Like

Roland MC-101/707 OS update - same stuff already mentioned earlier

My pre-ordered Osmose to finally arrive

3 Likes

New in 22 :

Rhodes Mk8

thread

Eagan Matrix Module

thread

2 Likes

An Ableton push 3 that can sequence external synths in a standalone mode - similar to a launchpad 3. I am not even asking for full Ableton in a standalone box as far as instruments, effects, etc. But just basic Ableton sequencing in a standalone mode that can also function in the full regular push/ableton way when connected to a computer.

7 Likes

I really want to hear more about that Drumlogue too.
But I agree, there’s something special about new features being added to things we already have.
Here’s hoping Roland keeps tinkering on the 707.

2 Likes
  1. OBOT plz
  2. Rytm update to bring in line with DT sampling, plus I’d love some new machines eg a midi machine! :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

One more: I assume IK will come out with an Uno Drum Pro soonish. I’m not sure I’ll buy it but I’m excited to see what its like. The Uno Drum had a solid heart and good firmware, but the build and sound quality was just too cheap.

3 Likes

Although I did start the Rhodes thread, 0% chance I’m getting one in 2022, heh

1 Like

Oh also the BCR 32. Been waiting on that for a while. Its the one Behringer product I care about.

5 Likes

Yes. Ability to record aftertouch and mod wheels into the sequencer. Such a shame it isnt there.

5 Likes

Is this implemented on any of the Elektron product?

Octatrack midi tracks. PB, Mod wheel, after touch. All assigned to the first 3 CC knobs by default.

1 Like

The Osmose.

Separately, I’d love to see Sequential intro a new flagship — something on the order of one or two OB-6s with an LFE. Four envelopes, four LFOs, maybe a third oscillator, the Xpander filter, six or twelve voices. In the ballpark with the Moog One; I’ll take the desktop version.

In a different direction, I’d love to see Mod Devices release a multi-cpu device with more channels — say four CPUs/32 cores and 16 inputs and outputs. Would let me build something that does everything the bluebox does with much more flexibility.

2 Likes

A bug free hardware analog MPE synth.

Edit—To be clear, this is a hope, not an expectation.

The first hardware synth of any kind with MIDI 2.0 – Bugs included !

1 Like

I was amused when a MIDI 2.0 IOS app was released, but the 2.0 standard for USB had not been approved yet.

1 Like

Perhaps 2022 is the year Roland brings back the VS series? :grin:

2 Likes