Gear hope and expectations 2022

I really want to hear more about that Drumlogue too.
But I agree, there’s something special about new features being added to things we already have.
Here’s hoping Roland keeps tinkering on the 707.

2 Likes
  1. OBOT plz
  2. Rytm update to bring in line with DT sampling, plus I’d love some new machines eg a midi machine! :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

One more: I assume IK will come out with an Uno Drum Pro soonish. I’m not sure I’ll buy it but I’m excited to see what its like. The Uno Drum had a solid heart and good firmware, but the build and sound quality was just too cheap.

3 Likes

Although I did start the Rhodes thread, 0% chance I’m getting one in 2022, heh

1 Like

Oh also the BCR 32. Been waiting on that for a while. Its the one Behringer product I care about.

5 Likes

Yes. Ability to record aftertouch and mod wheels into the sequencer. Such a shame it isnt there.

5 Likes

Is this implemented on any of the Elektron product?

Octatrack midi tracks. PB, Mod wheel, after touch. All assigned to the first 3 CC knobs by default.

1 Like

The Osmose.

Separately, I’d love to see Sequential intro a new flagship — something on the order of one or two OB-6s with an LFE. Four envelopes, four LFOs, maybe a third oscillator, the Xpander filter, six or twelve voices. In the ballpark with the Moog One; I’ll take the desktop version.

In a different direction, I’d love to see Mod Devices release a multi-cpu device with more channels — say four CPUs/32 cores and 16 inputs and outputs. Would let me build something that does everything the bluebox does with much more flexibility.

2 Likes

A bug free hardware analog MPE synth.

Edit—To be clear, this is a hope, not an expectation.

The first hardware synth of any kind with MIDI 2.0 – Bugs included !

1 Like

I was amused when a MIDI 2.0 IOS app was released, but the 2.0 standard for USB had not been approved yet.

1 Like

Perhaps 2022 is the year Roland brings back the VS series? :grin:

2 Likes

sp808 mk2

4 Likes

I want elektron to thrive!

Im sorta worried, feelings generated because i really love my rytm and OT and want more of the amazing creativity put in hardware.

Its been so quiet, they had the big turnover, the handle thing, moving some of the manufacturing. Just lots of changes with no obvious explosion of something awesome. Theyre putting a bunch of effort into firmware and overbridge. Hmmmm

And i want a strega!

7 Likes
  • Behringer BCR32 and B-Linn Drum
  • DN update
  • OB update that finally stops the audio dropouts of Heat and others

and maybe maybe another TR-8S update

2 Likes

A major update to the MC707. Ux mostly. And disk streaming.

2 Likes

“ Enjoy Electronics The GODFATHER will arrive in Q1 2022 for around 900€/1000€ and be made in Italy”

4 Likes

New in 22 :

Plenty more for this thread. Two UK products, both at quite reasonable prices.

PWM Malevolent

A crazy sounding patchable semi-modular keyboard synth.

PWM Malevolent

Knobula Poly-Cinematic

This is a polyphonic Eurorack module. The controls on this are quite simple but lets you move over a giant sweet spot quickly. I’m thinking a very simple arrangement with this next to a Fatar 37 key keyboard, in a linear sort of arrangement like the Digitone Keys.

There is a good video from SonicState done at Superbooth 2021.

5 Likes

This looks cool but I really wish for a few move CV inputs and/or MIDI addressability for all the parameters.