Gamechanger Audio Motor Synth

GAS’ing pretty hard for this tbh. I’d love to see a demo of MIDI C0 followed immediately by MIDI C7 or something to observe the motor spin.

It sounds great and would be sampling mad house from the looks of it.

Will start saving I guess and see if I can get in when it releases. I’m assuming they’ll fly off the shelves and be at a 30% mark up on reverb but we’ll see?

Any mk1 owners around that care to weigh in on how they’ve used it, sitting in the mix, etc?

1 Like

I really want to sample one too!

1 Like

Part 3 of this video I have a nice audio demo of the motor synth.

It’s really interesting. I didn’t get enough time with it to really explore the edges of dark sound design this thing should be capable of. Definitely one of the most out there ideas of superbooth 2022 (even if they showed an earlier version years ago).

Maybe time to change this topic title btw? @moderators

3 Likes

Yeah, it seemed like a cool synth when it was first revealed. A few months ago I went digging to see if anybody remembered it or if it just became forgotten.

You missed the opportunity to record this through the pipe! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What’s the idea?

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Well the synth is called Motor Synth :wink:

1 Like

Sounds incredible!

Dear god, they just sent me the preorder link…$3299…!
I saw the changes from MK1 to MK2. Not sure that warrants an additional $2k.
Certainly not from me. Very bummed, I really wanted one.

1 Like

Same boat. I get how it’s a boutique company and it’s probably pretty expensive to manufacturer, but it is just a lot of money.

3299 ? Damn’…This went from “mmh interesting” to “no way !”…

2k more than mk1 yeah? wow.

Yeah the price is too high for me as well at the moment. Unique idea and it does sound really cool…

I was just looking around my studio and the biggest synth purchase I made in the past few years was my Summit. To think I could buy the Summit and then still pocket $1000 vs buying the Motor synth is frankly wild.

What a crazy time we live in when Moog, Oberheim and small companies like GameChanger are releasing extremely costly gear and on the other hand you can buy 10 full fledged synths from Behringer for the same price.

Obviously that is a very problematic statement on many fronts but it is so strange to see such a range of prices.
It’s like synths built for CEOs and synths built for the working class :slight_smile:

Damn I was excited to try the new motor synth, but that price is too much for me as well. Looks super cool.

Picked up the motor synth mk2.

Fastest I’ve ever boxed up a synth for return. The actual motors are simply too loud for me, to the point that I was uncomfortable after a few minutes of playing it.

I also didn’t like the menu diving and I found it kind of quirky. But even if all that were amazing, the sound of the motors was so shrill and unpleasant and loud!

:grimacing:

3 Likes

Oh that’s not nice :(. I expect it to be very quirky but that the motors are that loud takes a bit away from the experience I can imagine. On last year’s superbooth I did not notice it but that’s of course a pretty loud environment.

Still would like to play with one but the price is holding me back.

Got my synth. Had been waiting for it for several months.

The screen doesnt work. Although knobs and sounds are fine

1 Like

Still watching, but there are some nice sounds in this!
I also like the look of it.
edit: I see it’s not brand new and looks the same as the mk1 and is still noisy…still interesting… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Got mine this week for a very good deal that I couldn’t pass. It’s really beautiful. Built like an absolute tank and I think these might be the most pleasant knobs I’ve used on any synth so far. Really really sturdy and nice resistance. I do understand some people returned the synth do to the loud spinning noise of the motors. At higher frequencies it really is loud :). But it’s also in tune of what’s being played so most often it sounds like extra oscillators adding harmonics in a weird way.

I think I’ll put (contact) mics on it to actually mix this into the sound if I want to.

So far enjoying the synth. It has a unique gritty and unstable sound that is pretty cool.

I was a bit worried about the navigation as it looked a bit clunky in some demos. But it’s actually fairly straightforward and quick to use. So far a nice experience.

5 Likes

Happy the deal went through with that store!

1 Like

Living out my dreams for me Dave, one synth at a time…

1 Like