Fx pedal for the OT

Is this from actual experience of using an empress or from YouTube videos?

1 Like

I tried and liked the empress reverbs.
I watched many vids on YT about Zoia but non of them convinced me for the sound, maybe the patches simply did not suit my taste.

Dammit. I was about to be convinced by the Hologram Microcosm. None available in Europe at the moment…

Seems really good indeed!
Reverb sounds good apparently…
OT can do that kind of stuff, but it would be clicky. :content:
How much in Europe?

Hmm some their products with Lexicon algos seem to sound really good (Polara I’d buy tomorrow, 80€).

1 Like

Think you need to try one first hand rather than going from YT videos to be honest.

1 Like

500€ if they produce and send more.
Possibilities and live UI seem top notch.
The only downside is only one input, that’s why i was attracted by Zoia in first place (OT + guitar). Maybe a breakout cable?

For Digitech i must admit my last experience is from a while ago :wink:

1 Like

No chance where i live atm.

Yes.
I previously used OT Dark Reverb in Master track FX2

The key is to roll off all the lows, some of the very high frequency highs, and use a very low mix setting 20-25%, size/density/decay to taste.
Talked about at length over in the Blackhole pedal thread.

2 Likes

It really helps! I started doing that to my ZOIA (using the OT to control the CCs) and it opened it up a lot more, also: sequencing! I started to sequence some parameters of my patch from the OT and it’s just fucking amazing, haha.

I bought a Faderfox from another user here in the forum, probably getting it today and one of its uses is to have some knobs to control both my ZOIA but mostly to control the OT and H9, I know that it starts to sound like I’m pushing to get more gear but after some time with my Elektron boxes, ZOIA and the H9 I will say that the thing that I missed the most was having a large pot (or encoder, whatever floats your boat :P) controller for more hands-on control.

1 Like

Yes for GAS sky is the limit :wink:
I personally wanna stay as compact as possible for various reasons: i am travelling quite a lot and can’t afford carrying many boxes (they already look at you like an alien when you go to a plane claiming you gonna take it with you on board) and i firmly believe that limitations are good for creativity.

1 Like

Yup, completely understand you with the flights, even though I’m just carrying my boxes sometimes for a jam, to have some fun before/after working at some places (well, not really in 2020 coronatimes) I get stopped so often in security with the DT + DN and a couple of audio cables + MIDI + power… Can’t even fathom how they will look at me the day I start carrying the Eurorack around… Actually, I dreaded the thought, it will be hell :frowning:

Just the fact to have a backpack and not a suitcase gives me the right for the special luggages place… at SF airport an officer sees me with the guitar and asks: « are you with the guy over there? » he meant a dude with a guitar as well, like 650 persons behind me…

3 Likes

:rofl:

This FX box here looks great for the OT… :wink:

https://youtu.be/hFanh2PT4Ew

1 Like

Best FX unit for the OT? Another OT, simple. :wink:
You put them back to back with a decksaver on each and you’re golden. At the airport it’s easier since you have one type of box :joy:

1 Like

Ha, we posted basically the same thing, at exactly the same time!

2 Likes

Dude :joy:WTF
OT POWER

1 Like

3e9vxv

3 Likes

One OT is giving enough mental issues :wink:
Plus i’ll need both kidneys at the moment to handle the stress caused by airports officers so i can’t afford selling one to buy another OT :smirk: