Fx pedal for the OT

Isn’t the reason why you bought an OT?
You end up crazy but hey you got 2 OT who cares at that point :joy:

Eventide H9

Id look for something to add to OT, something it doesn’t have already:

Wmd Geiger Counter - extreme wavetable distortion and modulator, high gain preamp, bit depth/sample rate reducer but it’s mono

Analog heat - beautiful analog distortion, analog shelf eqs and multimode filters, modulations on everything

Empress Reverb, Source Audio Ventris, GFI System Specular Tempus - Reverbs! yes, OT has reverbs but non of them sound this lovely

2 Likes

This one is called an Hexakaidecatrack.

4 Likes

I know you’re looking to get something a bit more “crazy” and portable but I love my Lexicon reverb rack unit.
I can save up to 99 preset, have 4 different input mode, control by midi and more important it has digital output so I don’t take input from my audio interface.
I use in many different way sometimes I put it back in the OT or I use for having 2 additional input for my synth when I use more synths.
I love rack unit because they don’t take desk space and they look clean.
I know it’s not those crazy reverb but man if they sound nice, it’s the only reverb who give me track ready feeling when I use it.

Which one is that? MX200/MX300/MX400?

I got an mx200 unfortunately I didn’t find a good deal for an mx400, you can find both really cheap anyway.
They all have the same basic functionality but the mx400 have more in/out and it can be edited deeper.
On the other side I like the simplicity of my mx200. I mainly use to put my sounds in the same “space” but you can use for sound design if you modulate its parameters.

On my wishlist, especially the Pro!

1 Like

MX300/MX400 offer much more control on the full algorithms (*). Especially useful on reverbs, because they have a reverb size parameter. MX200 only gives you pre delay, decay and a third parameter which is a high freq filter on most reverbs, so reverb size is basically determined by the reverb type and none of them are really long reverbs.
Lexicon MX are nice, but really nothing special.

*On the MX300/400 you have the option to run fx in either full or eco. Eco gives the same parameters as the MX200, full algos have many more parameters.
You can either run 2x eco fx or 1x full fx per dsp.

Yeah absolutely the mx300/400 are superior.
I don’t use the mx200 all the time but when I do I know what I’ll get, sure it doesn’t have long reverb but I don’t always need long reverb or deep editing especially after using the OT :joy: sometimes I like simple and easy.
Overall it got the “Lexicon sound” I prefer other reverb but I don’t know those reverb sound ready to publish to my ear and they never sound bad whatever you put in.
Also I paid mine 40 bucks or something so I might overlook a bit but I got a pair of 2 additional input for my audio interface, not bad I guess. In a little “studio” like mine I found it a convenient piece of gear for 1u rack.

I was having a look at the Geigercounter Pro. Interesting even if this is not the kind of fx i’m searching at the moment.

Analog Heat: well, i gave an arm to Elektron to afford an OT, i’ll keep the other one to play my guitar :wink: really too expensive imo.

For the reverbs, lovely indeed but i’d like more different fx in one box. The Source Audio Collider seems great, as well as the Echosystem and the Neunaber Immerse. To achieve real post rock sounds, the Black Hole Simmetry looks ace.

1 Like

I have all my gear patched into a Soundcraft mixer that has 4 Lexicon MX400 units on board :slight_smile:
I also use a TC Electronics M-One XL rackmount dual engine. And a M300 (simple, but: knobs!)

As long as you’re not after unreal reverbs (no shimmer or blackholy stuff) all these semi-vintage units are actually quite useful for “bclassic” reverbs/delays and free up the more modern fx

For my own OT I might get this. Some people understandably hate the price but Loopop’s review was generally positive. It just makes patching in different external FX units easier than frequent plugging/unplugging of patch cables.

https://www.futuresoundsystems.co.uk/returnmtx8.html

1 Like

I would either get s lush reverb pedal or a bonkers Idea generator.

Lush reverb pedals = blue sky, Specular reverb, mercury 7 etc.

Bonkers Idea pedals = hologram microcosm, chase bliss mood, chase bliss blooper, red panda tensor etc.

1 Like

Loopop’s videos are so good that they make you want to get every single piece he reviews. Besides, there are many patchers out there, many are programmable, and simple patchbays (no electronics) have been around for over a century. Personnally I don’t want that many cascading buffers, if my signal chain is not too long I prefer unbuffered patching and true bypass. YMMV…

I figured you wouldn’t be into it and I don’t expect you to buy it. Just thinking of getting it for myself.

Loopop’s review includes the cons as well as pros, so I do understand the drawbacks.

Yep tanks for the accurate translation, i am more looking for a Bonkers Idea generator :wink:

I’m not really familiar with on board fx on mixers, but do you really have all the parameters of the MX400 available there?

I have an MX200 in the rack myself. Perfect when you’re jamming and just need a little extra sauce :wink:
I really like the delays actually, they’re really cool! Turning feedback up all the way freezes the delay on some delay algos and the ping pong delay is cool, because you can offset the second delay tap with the third knob (ccw=earlier, cw=later). That’s really cool and super easy to get some nice rhythmic delay effects going

I mentioned the lack of long reverbs, because OP was looking for something more special. MX200 is absolutely bread and butter fx.

Id get Soma Pipe! Use it for what it is and you can use it as a stereo efx

Yeah I found out by accident, it puts a smile on my face. :slight_smile:
I also like the reverse reverb.

Yeah absolutely! But if the OP find a good deal it can be a nice gear to add, there’s always a 1u space for a bergain :wink:

What an original piece of gear this Soma Pipe!
The form factor is really weird though. I’m gonna try to find some demos.

1 Like