Future machines

Syntakt has Cymbal machines and, although no machines with Tom in the title, several machines/methods for making Toms without too much effort.

2 Likes

Yes SID Machine and that awesome vocal or voice machine from the Monomachine would be great! It goes without saying that we need ARP!

3 Likes

i remember i used the resampling machine back in the day on my machinedrum quite a lot and it was loads of fun messing with it. it was only a small sample buffer but you could do really crazy stuff with it. i would love to see something like this being added to syntakt. i hope the hardware will support something like this. it would not need to be able to store big samples. i am not asking for a machine that makes the DT obsolete. i am only asking for a small MDish sample buffer to mess around with. that would be pretty cool. i am looking forward to new machines being released for this device. also i would like them to start adding more effects to choose from in the future. it would be quite cool if the FX track had 2 effects slots in which we could load up different effects, depending on what the track calls for. i dont think this will ever be added to syntakt but maybe for future machines. its mostly software, so i dont see why we cant have more effects besides delay and reverb.

2 Likes

I would really like a (finger)snap machine, but maybe you can already make some nice snaps by tweaking parameters. I also wish the clap machine allowed you to make it just one single clap transient.

1 Like
  • 3OSC basic subtractive machine
  • Formant machine
  • More digital hats/metal machines
  • String machine
  • Better chord machine
  • One actually polyphonic machine (could be the 3OSC joint)
  • Another digital bassdrum
  • ALL THE MD MACHINES!
  • ALL THE MM MACHINES!
5 Likes

YES!!! You nailed it! We want those Elektron vintage machines! Just port the code guys! How hard can it be? I know some coders who would even do it for free just out of love for it. With going the machine-route on the syntakt elektron has opened up something that could be huge! Please elektron hear our plea and dont let us early supporters who own all your oldskool gear down. What I would also love to see is drum kits. Maybe when we open a new project let us choose if it will use kits or store everything on a per pattern basis. This would open up so many new possibilities.

2 Likes

Getting hard to tell satire from genuine requests. :wink:

Well… one can only wish… They say they make magic music machines… So please do some magic :smiley:

Was wondering about the Syntakt… wouldn’t it be awesome if in the future we can buy (bundles) of new machines for the Syntakt? For example: machinedrum-bundle, monomachine-bundle, percussion-bundle etc…

It will make the Syntakt attractive again and again for new customers with each bundle release.

Just dreaming :slight_smile: How do you guys think about future updates of the Syntakt? Will we get new machines?

3 Likes

hmm… I have to say I hope they don’t. Elektron’s general ethos has been on new features/machines as free updates. Charging for those would not be a good future prospect in my opinion.

9 Likes

Hi agree with @Lieder , one reason for buying Elektron has been their incredible ability to transform and improve their devices over time by adding new features, for free.

5 Likes

I’ve had my AR almost 18 months. It has fewer machines than the Syntakt. I’m still not bored with it and couldn’t care less if it got new ones. I’ve explored maybe 1/10th what the current Machines can do, probably less. The AR does have have sampling/playback, which I suppose gives it the option to really expand the sound palette over the Syntakt, but even the presets that came with the instrument show a wider range of sounds than I use in most of my tracks.

I can only imagine you have more time available for music-making than I do.

3 Likes

Right, I’m far from having extracted all the juice out of this machine! And I promise I have spent quite some time on this machine, in very different contexts.

1 Like

Agree on this! But on the other side i also wouldn’t mind to pay some bucks for a cool bundle of machines :slight_smile:

I also own a Rytm for over three years now and i will not get bored of it. I’m not stating anything bad about the current line-up of elektron machines… i can make music with them, as they are right now, for a lifetime… Just saying, i would pay for bundles of cool machines :slight_smile: Has nothing to do with the amount of time i have to make some music :slight_smile: Music is fun but I consider myself a very lucky person with two beautiful kids, family, friends and a cat that take up most of my time.

This also is beginning to sound like “pay for updates” which is a business model that would drive many of us away from Elektron. I’d rather they just drew a line under projects and moved on than enter into multi-year paid software updates with them. In fact, I absolutely wouldn’t buy into such a system. It’s not that I expect free updates - I don’t. It’s that I don’t want to be paying subscriptions to continue to use my instruments.

If Elektron managed to modularise their OS so that the Machines were license-locked plug-ins, but the main OS was independently updatable… I might get behind that. But honestly, Roland are doing this with some of their instruments and I find it deeply off-putting,

4 Likes

Can’t it live side by side? Free updates and bundles of machines that you can choose to buy or leave as you want? You can buy a bundle of machines… if you don’t buy it that doesn’t mean your already awesome elektron machine gets useless!?

Same as buying sample packs for digitakt…

1 Like

I updated my post to comment on that idea. It’s definitely an improvement on the “paid updates” idea.

Not really. Buying a pack of sounds for Syntakt would resemble sample packs for Digitakt more closely than a pack of Machines.

Would you settle for a pack of Sounds, like with the AR, M:C, A4, DN, etc?

I think it’d a good idea. if its genuinely excellent content, not a hamstrung box to make way for paid upgrades. that would suck.

but if it could bring more users & income to elektron while giving us the option of getting more amazing machines for a small fee, I’d definitely be into it personally.

keep the current model, but add to it.

2 Likes

:+1: