[FUNC] SaveProj DT - pattern manager for Digitakt

Hey everyone,

the next milestone has been completed and [FUNC] Save Proj is now available for Digitakt!

Just like for A4 and DN, you can drag and drop items (songs, patterns, samples and sounds) within one project and between different projects. All dependencies are respected when you’re selecting and moving items. Only the LFO link to the sample slot is ignored, so keep it in mind.

Differently from the A4 and DN versions, this one is (A) for Linux (I will soon work on bringing it to Windows and Mac), and (B) doesn’t connect over MIDI. In order to load your projects into [FUNC] Save Proj you’re going to need Elektron Transfer or elektroid. Just download the .dtprj files from the device, edit them in [FUNC] Save Proj, and then use Transfer/elektroid to upload them back to Digitakt.

[FUNC] Save Proj also allows you to rename projects, songs, patterns and sounds. It has been checked on the firmware 1.50 and 1.51A. The executable file is dynamically linked only to glibc, so it should work on any x86-64 Linux distro without installation.

You can check it out on ko-fi!

34 Likes

These utilities look great! Would you consider developing some for the M:S and M:C? There is an iOS app which fills that niche already but nothing for desktop OS’.

1 Like

This is amazing, thank you, I might have to rustle up a little Linux box again!

1 Like

Would it be possible to get this to work on a Raspberry Pi?

My next goal is Syntakt, and I don’t have any of the Models devices. But maybe I can use this as an excuse for my GAS. Is it also painful to manage patterns like on the Digi-boxes?

3 Likes

Sure, as long as there’s some kind of desktop on it (Xorg which handles windows, mouse, etc). I have a Pi Zero laying around somewhere, will get to it after Windows and Mac.

1 Like

Windows and Mac are good as well. Currently running Mac, Windows and Raspberry Pi’s :slight_smile:

I’m really grateful for this exceptional work!

1 Like

wow, i was actually looking forward for the big elk/herd comeback and this appears. I have some questions though:
-firstly, is there any tutorial or manual?
-is it possible to copy songs’ rows to other songs?

I will get to a manual in the next days, maybe capture a video of its usage. A short intro is displayed each time you open the app, before you load any files into it:

At the moment you can’t edit songs in this way, although it’s certainly conceivable in the future versions. I was already thinking of drag-n-dropping tracks between patterns, song rows would be quite similar.

3 Likes

Looks great and promising! Have I missed something, you have a build for DN as well to reorganise projects / patterns and sound pool ??? That would be f# awesome !

Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, I also made similar apps for A4 and DN, but those are currently for Mac OS only. Eventually I will try to merge different code bases together, since I learn more with each new release. But there is still a lot to do in other directions (Syntakt, Windows, etc).

4 Likes

Coincidentally I happen to be working on Mac 99% of the time :wink:
Are you by any means sharing your work publicly on GitHub for beta testing?

No, at the moment I don’t even use Apple’s TestFlight… There’s a lot of things to do as it is. Maybe in the future - as all the essentials (different boxes, different platforms) are implemented and the project is more established - I will set up beta testing, but for now it’s not worth it.

3 Likes

Keep up the good work! :wink:

1 Like

keep up the good work!
and actually I think it is very nice that you do this in linux… I happen to use linux and usually we are alway left out. But not this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow that looks great @nickl!!
I’ll get it as soon as you’ve got a version for Win. Looking foreward to it!

1 Like

I don’t understand, is there a mac / windows version or linux only?

As stated here. It’s only for Linux still. But there might be soon a Windows /mac version

2 Likes

hm, :-/
aparently I need glibc_2.38 to run it, and i have an older version (2.35), I took some time to notice why it was not launching… and now I am stuck without knowing how to use this…
Terminal says this:

$ ./FUNCSaveProjDT
./FUNCSaveProjDT: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.38' not found (required by ./FUNCSaveProjDT) ./FUNCSaveProjDT: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.38’ not found (required by ./FUNCSaveProjDT)

1 Like