[FUNC] SaveProj DN - pattern manager for Digitone

I know the video you speak of. :wink:

Need to think about it… Currently the program supports 8 columns of items (if your screen is big enough), so maybe I can introduce an option to list them horizontally first and then vertically.

2 Likes

god no, that isn’t enough. what this app does is a great start.
the holy grail is to get the ability to open an entire second project and save it to an open bank in another.
Or just a Default preferences file. so some settings are always on or off.

Thanks for clarifying. Just checked and my Mac runs on macOS 11. So not quite as old as I thought but still below 12.

I’m organising my songs the same way (yea, also following @MilesKvndra :; ). So it’d be helpful for me too. Was struggling with this in ElkHerd as well…
And I’m also considering updating my 2015 MacBook Pro to at least OS12 so I can use [FUNC] soon :slight_smile:
So great we finally have this while Elektron just not getting it done!

2 Likes

Oh man, this looks like just what i need, but i only have an ipad and a windows pc:(

Any chance for an iOs version?

I would say Windows version comes sooner, but eventually also iOS.

4 Likes

Windows would be awesomtronics

Bought, but doesn’t work. Reads the projects and tries to fetch when i select one, but the patterns all still show up as ‘untitled.’

Are there specific settings or steps needed?
I’m on the most recent mac OS and have tried with two different kinds of USB cable (one hub, one direct to DN.)

No special setup steps are needed. What’s your Digitone OS?

1.40, but i dont mind upgrading to 1.41 if that helps

As for the format, 1.40 should be fine: I ran my DN on 1.40B while developing the program, then switched to 1.41 and the format didn’t change. But maybe there are MIDI connectivity improvements, so that could help.

When you see the list of projects and select one for fetching, it should display a progress bar for 5-10 seconds as it fetches the data from device. Do you have the progress bar?

What if you save a .dnprj file using the Transfer app, and then open it in FUNC SaveProj? Does it display the project properly?

Quick update: a Digitakt version is now available for Linux. It’s a complete rewrite, I think the UI turned out to be better, but it doesn’t have MIDI, so you will need to use Transfer with it.

3 Likes

Is there a plan for a Windows version?

Sure. My goal is to make it available on as many platforms as possible. That’s one of the reasons why I did a complete rewrite for Linux - now the code is more portable. Eventually I will enable this rewritten version to work with DN and on other platforms, first of which would be Windows. Maybe it will even replace the current Mac OS version.

2 Likes

Amazing. Is your plan to make this for all the Digi boxes?

1 Like

I currently own A4, DN, DT and ST - these boxes will be supported for sure. If I get another box (AR, M:S, M:C), I will be able to support them too. OT is a totally different beast though.

4 Likes

So great you’re developing these apps!
Do you have a rough idea when the DN and DT versions will be available for iOS? And for MacOS 12?

Yay for the windows versions! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

As this is a hobby project, I don’t set any deadlines, but the DT version is already coming up and it is built from the start to support MacOS 11+.

4 Likes

Fair enough!
Looking forward to those versions :slight_smile:

1 Like