FromSoftware Games Thread

Yeah that did my head in - the enemies in the Crown of the Sunken King were poise monsters. Like, why are these bony, loincloth-bedecked hollows capable of withstanding a whack from my massive club without flinching? The Stone Ring helped a lot with this and it was cool to have to equip something I’d never used before, but it didn’t make sense to me thematically.

1 Like

I guess it´s really kind of a luxoury problem but if you had to decide on which system to get elden ring on, what would it be? PS or Xbox or PC? I have mild Problems with the new Playstation Controller cos it´s kind of too big on the other hand it seems to run better on PS than Xbox.

If I were to watch Sekiro YTs with my GPU, would that give me a good sense of performance for Elden Ring? I know you can refund it; I just don’t want to be set up for disappointment.

I’m pretty close to tarnishing my life…

It’s here for less fyi: Green Man Gaming

Is your PC up to specs? I like controllers (will use Switch Pro with ER) and the “stability” consoles provide and Im sure the PS5 will run beautifully. But if you have a different controller with a up-to-snuff PC that might be the way…

Yeah PC is up to Specs and above. I could choose any System but I think I would prefer the Living Room. Elden Ring is propably not Play Anywhere on Xbox and Pc😄

While people are upgrading their PCs, are there 3rd party controllers you could
pick up to celebrate the event?

Sekiro is the same sort of structure as their previous games, some areas are open-ish but it’s pretty linear. Elden Ring is their first attempt at an open world so I wouldn’t assume the performance will be comparable necessarily. As mentioned before, optimisation and tech has always been something they’ve struggled with even with some outside help (as with Bloodborne). The minimum specs aren’t really inspiring confidence on that front either.

I’d just wait and see how it’s running for other people with similar specs or buy on Steam with the possibility of a refund.

3 Likes

To be completly honest I thought about going xbox and getting an Elite 2 Controller :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but it feels kind of wrong to spend that much money on a controller…

I’m playing on PS5 cause that’s what I’ve got, but the Xbox/PC player base will most likely be larger with cross play.

If the Controller wasn‘t all that shitty I would go PS for Shure. But have really small Hands and the Controller is just bulky. If you have bigger hands it might be great.
First world problems…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yea I like the new dual sense controller, but I do have larger than average hands.

The buttons feel great thou. Too bad that they don‘t offer different sizes. One for all doesn‘t make too much sense. I remember on the first Xbox there was also an Controller - s variant.

1 Like
Steam forum says spoiler heavy fyi

ELDEN RING – Rise, Tarnished | Official Launch Trailer - YouTube

That’s because they were trying to replace this monstrosity :wink:

Series X controller is great but I wish it was larger… it’s probably perfect for smaller/average size hands.

I’ll be playing on Xbox because that’s what I have. I’m not worried about performance vs PS5, as I’m sure that will be pretty close in the final release. I’m only worried that I will suck too much to enjoy a lot of it, because I only started DS3 a couple months ago and am quite terrible.

2 Likes

Yeah I remeber that Monster😂…

In general I find the quality of xbox controllers is mediocre at best. All my pads have the problems that they don‘t react to slight button press. Microsoft knows about that problem but doesn‘t act on it.

Does someone here use an Elite 2?

Modern controllers are all pretty terrible as far as build/reliability goes IME. I never had to replace a controller until the PS4/Xbox One/Switch generation and then they all suddenly became a problem. I had a wired 360 controller still going strong after a decade of hammer on PC at that point but the Xbox One controller I replaced it with only just outlived the year’s warranty.

Elites use the same internal parts for the sticks etc. I believe so no way would I pay that money for one when it’ll probably have dodgy face buttons from the off and inevitable stick drift/bumper issues down the road.

1 Like

Are you shure it‘s the same parts? I mean sticks and buttons feel pretty cheap on the normal ones. Where is the premium coming from? It can‘t be only different material? Pricing is reduced at the moment but still…

Yeah, they’re all the same ALPS parts for the sticks as far as I’ve read. To be honest I feel like I’ve seen more complaints of drift on Elites than on anything else but that’s probably just because if your premium priced product is faulty out of the box or after six months you’re gonna be all the more likely to complain about it.

The markup is due to the extra features (paddles on the back, swappable outer parts etc.), cosmetics and the fact they know it’s easy to fleece people for ‘pro’ level stuff that can instantly make you do 360 no-scopes all day as your Twitch viewership rises into the millions… Or something.

I’d be wary of spending that extra money unless you need the extra buttons for something or just really love the look of one of the designs.

The new Elites are not worth the money. I have friends that bought them and they all swear against ever doing it again. I then read online a million accounts of the same, and that is enough for me to pass on such an expensive controller.

I have beaten every DS on a basic Xbox controller. It’s fine.

1 Like

Good to know, I guess I‘ll pass then too. My only hope was for better quality not for gimmicks.

I feel you, I’ve looked into it a lot myself because I’d be happy to pay more if it meant something I could rely on for years.

Although even standard controllers are pricey these days, which makes it all the more frustrating that they don’t last very well.