FromSoftware Games Thread

i pre orderd steam and psx, i can relate. I play both with ps4 controllers.

1 Like

Got Elden Ring pre-ordered. Couple more days to go.

What starting class yall going to start with?

2 Likes

As it’s my first FS, thinking I’ll play it safe and go with vagabond. The temptation to throw myself into the deep end with wretch is brutal.

1 Like

Yeah its looking like either Samurai, Vagabond, or astrologer will be the more forgiving classes. But kinda curious on how a stealthy character might work out with the new open world format. I usually like high DEX characters in SouldBorne game tho.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I wonder if stealth will take some of the edge off from constant fighting…hmmm…

I used stealth like a mfer in botw.

I’ve been sleeping on this one. When I looked up the Elden Ring release date I freaked out! 3 days away!

Between the new Horizon, Elden Ring, and Gran Turismo 7 it’s going to be an expensive time to be a gamer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wretch for sure. I’ve always taken the no level classes in souls games as they give me a reason to slowly and carefully etch the muscle memory and timing of combat into my brain. I just treat everything until level 8-ish as tutorial.

3 Likes

Ditto. I’m usually a dex/katana build on my first play through of *souls. That there’s a samurai starting class makes me hopeful this will be an equally satisfying experience in ER.

1 Like

That controller looks like it belongs to the same school of design as the native Logic Pro synths

6 Likes

I think I’ll go for hybrid magic/fighting class, usually a safe an easy choice…
Or someone who can carry a big shield to hide behind.

2 Likes

Uuuuugh this needs a trigger warning.

3 Likes

I can’t decide between dex/int or dex/faith?

1 Like

Int for me all day. My faith build in DS2 was god awful. Just played it a little yesterday and I have never been a huge faith build guy in these games.

It’s all really a guess right now, but I like to have powerful ranged attacks against bosses so I can mix in swordplay and get the hell out of there when I need to reset.

Going to start as Prisoner most likely or maybe Vagabond.

2 Likes

I was seriously considering prisoner just for that… mask? Helmet? Easily the weirdest looking thing I’ve seen in a game all year, and From’s like, “What’s the least weird thing we’ve got to put on the Prisoner’s head?”

3 Likes

Yeah, besides the look, what I love is high dex builds fire off spells quickly. So I can weaken a guy from range and then get up close and chop him up. Just the play style that seems to work for me most of the time. I beat DS3 with multiple characters so Im going to fire that up and see what I liked most, but in DS2 I was all in on the DexCaster and I believe thats the build that I beat DS1 with as well.

Just checked DS3 and my last character was 40/40 Dex strength. I used the Dragonslayer great axe. I just ran around most of the game and one shotted 80% of the enemies.

3 Likes

I’m getting such deja vu reading people console FS newbs: FS regulars are using the exact phrases people use to encourage newbs to the Octatrack.

“the difficulty is overhyped”, “if you can do x you can do souls games”, “yes it takes more than other games to get into, but once you do, its easy sailing”, “its so worth it”

3 Likes

Review embargo is falling in roughly two hours :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Im effin exhausted from all this hype. Too much for these older bones.

Ahh just giv it a try, its like christmas​:joy: And since Cyberpunk my expectations are pretty down to earth even in hype :joy:

When you thought things couldn’t get any worse…

2 Likes