FromSoftware Games Thread

It’s PlayStation’s game subscriptions service, so you can play PS games on PC (or a mobile if you were inclined to hurt that way).

If you’re on console some games can be downloaded to the console, otherwise it’s just streaming.

download (2)

But for how many of us was this there first fromsoftware game? Took me a long time after getting demons souls to realize that armored core was made by them.

6 Likes

Sekiro is up there with my favourite games of all time. I just loved the aesthetics and the challenge.

I’ll confess to leaning heavily on YouTube help videos and the wiki to defeat many of the bosses but watching how to win is a million miles away from playing to win. The Ape was a great fight but it was the final main story Boss that nearly left me in tears - both due you multiple deaths and as well as when I finally beat him. I don’t think any game has ever left me feeling that way.

Anyway, I’m uncharacteristically super excited for Elden Ring. Preordered and can’t wait to get stuck in. I actually can’t wait to enjoy all the lore and help videos too. It’s all part of the experience and camaraderie for me. I’ll enjoy some aimless wandering too of course.

Currently thinking through the class I want to go with. Quite like the Prisoner vibes. The samurai too for a Sekiro nod. And starting as a Wretch kind of feels like the ideal way to play this one too. Decisions decisions

I never played the original Armored Core, but I know I would have loved it. However I did play Armored Core 2 and a couple of the sequels, they were excellent though a bit formulaic. Loved building and optimising my mechs, finding all the secret parts and taking on the arena. :slight_smile:

18405_IGDB-272x380
Did anyone play Otogi: Myth of Demons on the Xbox, or it’s sequel, Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors? I loved them - gorgeous graphics, fun gameplay and unique mechanics. You released souls from their earthly bondage by destroying the scenery such as walls and gates, and fought massive bosses surrounded by ancient Japanese folklore brought to life.

1 Like

Dude, I can hardly wait on some more AC in my life. Love me some mecha tinkering.
Did you see the leak about a rumored follow up?

2 Likes

Otogi was the first FROM game I played. Both of them were added to the Xbox backwards compatibility list recently so I’m looking forward to seeing how they hold up today.

NONE SHALL PASS

1 Like

New reveal trailer!

Bonus points for recognising the Demon’s Souls throwback song at 2:30.

6 Likes

Looks sick. If it holds that promise its going to be great.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I can hold back from a last-minute preorder of the special edition.

Loved AC and Tenchu games back in the day.

This vid has me convinced I need to go in naked

2 Likes

Gotdamn. Is that actual gameplay footage?

Big BOTW vibes…which is not a criticism. This will probably become the game people point to when calling Zelda “kiddie shit”.

I hope it lives up to expectations for yall. Maybe a big ask, but please make use of the “Hide Details” feature. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ugh that looks amazing

Why is everyone releasing their games in February? :money_with_wings:

Destiny is out tomorrow too as well ffs

2 Likes

Just get it on Steam and refund it if it doesnt run well (playtime shouldnt exceed 2 hrs then).

I think Dark souls is a great game and a classic but a lot of the difficulty stems from annoying shit like the long walks between boss tries, curses and what not.

Me personally, I’m glad that FROM tuned down those frustrating parts with every title since then while still keeping the game hard and preserving that feeling of accomplishment when progressing through it. Elden Ring for example is supposed to have checkpoints before the bosses etc.

2 Likes

I’m trying to not get sucked in and you come with this? :wink:

Didn’t know that. Thank you.

1 Like

Finally got around to watch this. I can’t wait…

1 Like

I found Dark Souls 3 was ridiculously difficult at times, proper ragequit territory, though From did a great job of providing nice organic shortcuts to bosses etc. Elden Ring being open world might be a bit more difficult to incorporate that sort of thing.

I’m painfully tempted to pre-order Elden Ring, haven’t pre-ordered a FromSoft game since Dark Souls 1 & 2.

The final boss in the Ashes of Ariandel DLC was probably the first time I really thought ‘this is bullshit’. After getting through two phases you’re treated to an incredibly tough third where the boss has a Bloodborne moveset and you’re still stuck playing Dark Souls.

An increasing reliance of spamming extra boss phases is a slight moan I’ve had with them as time’s gone on. It’s a bit of a cheap way to raise the stakes for me and it dilutes it when it happens all the time.

1 Like

I think the ultimate FU move was Dark Souls 2 DLC. DS3 was the easiest of the games for me. But in DS2, if you built a glass cannon character to beat the game, that character was basdically worthless against the DLC. It could do no damage to even the lower level enemies to start it. I actually found it kind of hilarious in a painful way.

2 Likes

Actually yeah, Frigid Outskirts was bad - I even mentioned the run to that boss earlier in the thread lol. I think I subconsciously think of DSII as not being ‘canon’ in some weird way even though I quite like it on the whole.

1 Like

DS2 felt like a Souls fever dream at times, but I had a great time too. I really liked using a pair of knuckles and punching my way through most of the game.

2 Likes